It is with much delight that we welcome you to Sketch Support, a place to visit for endless creativity, inspiration, and fun with sketches!
Let me introduce myself. I'm Allison and will be the voice of Sketch Support (most of the time.) I'm the co-founder of SG Publishing and co-author of our series of books, Sketches for Scrapbooking. My ultimate goal and purpose for this site is to provide a place for crafters of all kinds to find inspiration and get a better understanding of just how useful sketches can be. I'm determined to prove that everyone and every style can benefit from sketches. I think that will be a piece of cake with the help of our SG Publishing Creative Team, a group of 13 outstanding, talented girls that are on board in taking on that challenge.
For years we have focused on creating two-page sketches but with the birth of Sketch Support we are venturing into additional types of sketches. Here you will find two-page sketches, one-page sketches, card sketches, and add-on sketches.
The first three types are self-explanatory but you might be wondering what the add-on sketches are. The add-on sketches can be used on anything like a layout, a card, a tag, home decor, etc. Really any project! They will be great for making your own embellishments or adding a decorative element to your project. I really think they are going to be a lot of fun.
So how will Sketch Support work?
• Each week of the month will focus on one of the sketches with projects based on the sketch posted throughout the week. The fun part is that you never know what you might see each week. There are zero limits on what the sketches are used for. You might see a card sketch used for a home decor project or a one-page sketch used for a two-page layout.
• All of the sketches will be available to download and print. The sketch shown with the examples in each post will be just the sketch but when you go to the pages for the printable sketches you will see the full sketch with the directions, paper guide, and placements.
• Each type of sketch (one-page, card, two-page, and add-on) have their own page so you don't have to search through all of them to find what you are looking for.
• There is also a "quick guide" on the sidebar. If you are looking for a specific sketch, like one with five photos, you can click on the link and it will pull up all the posts that have sketches with five photos.
• The sketches are all numbered to help you find the sketch you are looking for. On each printable sketches page the sketches are posted with the newest at the top and the oldest at the bottom. Underneath the sketches on each page you will find links to the posts with the projects based on that sketch.
• If you look at the posts below this one, you'll see that we've also added the printable sketches from my blog. That way they are all in one place and can be added to the quick guide.
• Each month we will welcome a new Guest Designer to play along with our sketches.
Make yourself comfortable and take a look around. There's lots of stuff to check out. You can learn about the women behind SG Publishing, get to know our Creative Team, visit our facebook page, check out our sponsors, or print out some sketches. Tomorrow I'll introduce you to our first Guest Designer and on Monday, the sketch fun will begin!
Spread the word, Sketch Support is here!