Thursday, June 2, 2011

Card Week, Part 4

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Card Sketch #8


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"I Love Time With You" by Shari Thurman
Supply List - Pattern Paper and alphabet: Echo Park; Glitter Alphabet: American Crafts; Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink; Tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, paper punches by Fiskar and EK Success; Software: Photoshop Elements; Other: Cardstock, brad and machine stitching

I created a one-page layout from this weeks card sketch. I used a favorite photo of me and my husband that we took at an OSU football game. We placed the camera on the edge of our truck and set the timer. The camera must have moved a bit which made the photo blurry. I loved the photo so much that I used Photoshop Elements to make it look like an oil painting. It's not perfect, but I was glad that I was able to salvage the photo.

The first thing I did was stitch a square around my background. This created a more cozy, intimated layout. (I think I scraplifted that from Noey's layout from last week. Isn't she awesome.)

I double matted and stitched around the photo, as shown in the sketch to add extra texture and detail. I positioned the title above and below, so I wouldn't cover the photo.

I layered the borders and added zig zag stitching. I finished the layout by adding my flower.


This was made using about seven layers of circles and a flower with a brad. I moistened the paper circles and crinkled them up. Then I used my paper piercer and added my brad.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Splash" by Noey Hunt
Products used - Patterned paper: Little Yellow Bicycle (waves), October Afternoon (diamonds), SEI (stripes), Creative Memories (ducky); Tools: Cricut Sugar and Spice cartridge (ducky), Create a Critter
cartridge (title)

Variation: The card sketch this week inspired me with the row of rounded blocks. Instead of using patterned papers on a card, I decided to make them photos on a layout. I had to add space for the title and journaling, so the layout continued to diverge from the sketch in small ways.


I also felt that it needed extra framing since the background was larger, so I added the wave paper.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

4 comments:

dawn said...

These are both great layouts, love that they have pictures on them. Shari your flower is awesome. Noey cute baby pictures. Way to go ladies.

Sue Althouse said...

This sketch sure makes for an awesome layout! Great examples, both!

COScraps said...

Very Cute!

MichelleB said...

Great layouts! Really love Shari's!