Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One-Page Week, Part 3

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

One-page Sketch #10


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Elfin Around" by Suzanna Lee
Supplies - Patterned paper, stickers: Echo Park; Stamps: Unity, BasicGrey; Bling: Heidi Swapp; Ink: Distress Ink, Colorbox; Glitter accent: Stickles; Floss: DMC

I stuck with the basics, the 5x7 photo (isn't she just cheeky?), the title placement and the three squares. The rest, well, I interpreted!! I still used some of the circular holes for things to nestle in. And rather than stitch around them, I used a circle of bling or a stamp.


I used one strip but felt the others were best served with the other elements I used.


The top right square is a tad smaller than the others with the edges distressed. I then hand stitched the
outline the same size as the other squares.


The paper behind it is a journal block with a Unity stamp ("Have you been good?). The edges of the other two squares are subtly distressed. My only other deviation is the corner sticker at the top right corner. No journaling strips. In fact, no journaling - the picture says it all!!

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Sailing" by Mireille Divjak
Supply list - Cardstock: Echo Park (Summer Days - orange, blue); Patterned paper: Echo Park (Summer days - Big Dots, clouds, ice cream); Thickers: American Crafts ("lullaby " foam, sunflower); Chipboard: Pebbles Inc.; Letter stickers: Adorn it, Carolee's Creations; Punches: Make Me! (circles), Carla Craft (corner rounder and flower punch); Ink: Colorbox (Cats eye - Raven black); Pens: American Crafts and Sakura; Tools: Sew Easy, We R Memory Keepers

Story: Noah is/was so afraid of water. Spending a month at sea isn't his idea of vacation and good times. He played next to the water constantly, careful not to get his toes wet. The only thing he was okay with was if I was able to get him into that rubber boat without getting wet... and "sail" with him.

I love the colors in the Echo Part Summer Days collection. So very fun! And because I am in these pictures too and it's his sisters pink boat, I thought it would be totally okay to throw in a little pink.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •



"Holding Hands..." canvas by Tammy Tutterow
Supplies - patterned paper: Glitz Design (Love Games Floral and Polka; Glitz Design Love Games Paper Layers); stickers: Glitz Design (Love Games Glitzers); cardstock elements: Glitz Design (Love Games Whatnots); transperencies: Glitz Design (Love Games Peek-a-Boos); embellishments: Bazzill Basics Paper (Fabric Flower); Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Game Spinners); ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot); paints: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Burnt Red), Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze (Mellow Yellow); adhesive: Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Mutli Medium, Therm O Web Super Stick, 3D Adhsesive Foam Squares, and Zots

I wanted create a canvas decor project to focus on a fun cardstock element from Glitz Design's Love Games collection. The piece with the phrase about holding hands makes me smile so I thought it would be a fun focus point of a decor item.


I used this month's one page sketch as the basis for the design. I followed the basic design of the sketch but altered the measurements to fit the canvas. I had to move and simplify the trio of squares in the upper corner.


I also used the text on the cardstock piece as a title and moved that down into the photo area. I added additional embellishments to the left side to create some visual interest instead of a photo.




 •••••••••••••••••••••••

1 comment:

dawn said...

Way to go on the first 2 layouts. I love the colors of them and the themes. Great job on the canvas, love all the texture and the quote.