Sunday, July 3, 2011

Card Sketch #9 and our July Guest Designers

••••••••••••••••••


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.

This is one of those sketches that you can easily dig into those scraps to create several versions of this card especially since the design will work well with any size. It's a good one for flipping too with vertical strips. Of course, with any sketch, this one can be used for so many themes by simply changing the stars to something that better suits your theme or occasion.

The card week fun starts tomorrow and this is the first month that our new Creative Team girls are joining in on the sketch fun! We've got so many great versions of this sketch to share with you!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


This month we've got not one, but two Guest Designers!

July Guest Designer - Amy Wheeler


Hello, I am Amy Wheeler, and I am a wife and mother of two sports-lovin' boys living in Central Kentucky. I have been scrapbooking since January 2000 and today it's more than just a hobby - it's a routine. I love reading, baseball, catchy tunes, food, a good laugh and new scrapbook supplies (not so much in that order!). I am a library clerk and volunteer coordinator for our local high school.

I scrap mainly layouts in both 12x12 and 8-1/2x11 formats. I create layouts for my two boys (they each have their own album "series") in 12x12 format and layouts for my personal album and of my niece are scrapped in 8-1/2x11. I love 2-page layouts, but also make about the same number of single page layouts. I occasionally make cards with scraps.

Sketches by Allison Davis seriously changed the way I scrapbook when I was first introduced to them a couple years ago. The versatile sketches that can be used over and over again encouraged me to scrap many of my multi-photo events. I really caught on to the idea of adjusting sketches to fit the photos I already had on hand to scrap. Plus, the sketches always include room for journaling and the stories are usually the main focus of my layouts. I am thrilled to be one of the guest designers for July.

You can see more of my work on my blog - www.amyinky.blogspot.com.


July Guest Designer - Diane Iversen



Hi! My name is Diane Iversen and am 36 years old and I live in Mt. Vernon, Missouri. I have a quirky teenage daughter who always keeps me laughing and my husband and I have been together for 15 years. I work as a secretary for my husband and believe it or not, we get along better when we work together. (I know....right....not many people can say that!) I have 3 poodle mixes, a Malti-poo, a Cocka-poo and a Peki-poo. (I can't help it...I have a soft spot for little fluffy dogs that need to be rescued.) Oh! and I have a house bunny, he is a brown and black Rex and he uses a litter box. Seriously! (but he thinks he is a dog.)

I have been scrapbooking for about 14 years and I absolutely love it. I enjoy working with paper and if you mess up, just tear it apart and start over. Easy as that! I have a weakness for polka-dots, butterflies and Stickles, which I use a lot and I have even been known to match clothes in our family pictures to my scrapbook paper. (My family is used to my random demands.) I am infatuated with distressing. Sandpaper and ink are my favorite tools.

When I'm not scrapbooking or working, I am either camping with my family, backpacking with my hiking buddies or couponing. (I'm not an extreme couponer, yet, but I'm working on it!) I also volunteer for Girl Scouts and I recycle.

I am Fiskateer #7510 and I display my pages and projects on my blog, www.inspirationstationideas.blogspot.com. Thank you, Allison, for inviting me to be a guest designer. I'm so excited!

You'll get to see the wonderful creations from these two talented girls all month! We are very excited to share their projects with you and the way they adapted the sketches to work for them.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Welcome Amy and Diane...it is going to be fun to see what you girls create.

dawn said...

Welcome Amy and Diane, I loved reading about you. Have fun working with Allison this week. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Welcome again new DT members, hope your first month is filled with fun and inspiration. Can't wait to see your projects.

Megan B said...

Glad to have you both as guest designers this month! :) Congrats!!