Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Card Week, Part 2

••••••••••••••••
Card Sketch #9


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Love" card by Christine Chain
Supplies - Letter stickers: American Crafts; Key hole: Tim Holtz; Flower punch: Stampin’ Up!; Black pearls: Prima; Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket, My Mind’s Eye, October Afternoon, Graphic 45, Sassafras, Pebbles (all from my Green Tangerines Kit Club, February)

For this sketch I stuck to the overall design, but altered the dimensions and eliminated the stitching; I love mixing up lots of patterned paper and I thought adding stitching was just a bit too much this time around.

First of all, I increased the size of the upper strip of paper to 1 ½” so that my letter stickers would fit better. To balance that out, I increased the bottom strip to 1”. The red strip and stripes are the original sizes, but the number paper is a bit wider because I wanted the numbers to show correctly.

I love the stars in the original sketch, but I *love* my flower punch! I added a black pearl to the center of each flower to tie the color in better. After adding my word “love” to the top, I decided the card needed something on the bottom to balance it out, so I pulled the cool metal key hole out of my stash and glued it down.



 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
••••••••••••••••••••

"Happy Wedding" card by Noey Hunt
Products used - Patterned paper: DCWV; Ribbons: Stampin' Up; Rub-on: Marcella K; Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folders

Variation 1: I started by switching up the card shape and patterned strip widths.

Variation 2: This sketch made me think texture, texture, texture! So I swapped out a few paper strips for textured ribbons (velvet and wavey) and I dry embossed two of the strips (dots and floral). I also used buttons in place of the stars.



  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Sail Away With Me" card by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Recollections; Patterned Paper: Echo Park (Little Boy collection); Floss: Anchor; Letters: Cosmo Cricket; Tools: Fiskars Bracket border punch, edge distresser; Ink: Vibrance; Other: Pop Dots

I flipped the sketch for this card and used several pieces of pattern paper from the Little Boy collection kit. The green polka dot strip and the red and white strip are cut out off the cover page of the kit so I didn't actually use any of the pattern paper for this. Consider using this piece of paper to get more out of your kit. My embellishment is also pop-dotted off the card to make it stand out more.
•••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

COScraps said...

Very Nice Cards....Those sailboats are cute and I love the stitching on it....

dawn said...

I love these cards, each one is awesome. So nice to have a way to use up our scraps. Great tip on using the packaging also.

Linda said...

Awesome!