One-page Sketch #12
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.
"Birthday Boys" by Mary Bezdicek
Supplies used - Paper and stickers: Echo Park (Walk in the Park); Cardstock: Bazzill; Embroidery floss: We R Memory Keepers; Ink: Colorbox (chestnut roan); Buttons: Doodlebug and Joann's; Pens: Martha Stewart Crafts and Sakura (Jelly Roll Glaze)
This page documents the annual birthday celebration of my son, Tyler and my Dad. Who share the same birthday. I decided to use as journaling part of the conversation that my grandmother and I shared the day Tyler was born. It is one of the many happy times I shared with my grandmother who passed away this past February at 103. What an amazing life!
• I used 1 3 X 5 picture (1998 Birthday) and 1 5X7 photo (2011 Birthday).
• Moved the journaling to below the photos.
• Eliminated the 2 x 2 photos.
• Used buttons for the embellishments.
• Stitched a border around the top and bottom of the page.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
"Spring Volleyball" by Mary Bezdicek
Supplies used - Paper and Stickers: Scenic Route; Cardstock: Bazzill; Embroidery floss: We R Memory Keepers; Ink: Colorbox (navy); Volleyball chipboard stickers: Reminisce; Other: Cricut (Doodletype)
Off season pratice is an important part of any college athlete’s training program. Spring 2011 was even more important to my daughter, Megan, as she was rehabbing an ACL injury that she suffered the first match of the 2010 season. Her spring season went very well but unfortunately, she suffered a big setback on July 18 when she had an ACL revision on the same knee so she will be on the sidelines again this season.
• I made a two page layout, sticking very closely to the sketch on the left page.
• I used the volleyball chipboard embellishments instead of hearts.
• I placed the 2nd part of the title and the journaling on the right page of the layout to help bring the two pages together.
• Machine stitched around the outside of both pages.
• To add cohesiveness, I double matted all of the wallet sized photos.