Saturday, September 10, 2011

Card Week, Part 6 - Guest Designer, Andrea Friebus

••••••••••••••••••

Card Sketch #11


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


“Slip & Slide” by Andrea Friebus
Supplies used - cardstock: Bazzill Basics, American Crafts; patterned paper: Bo Bunny Press; border sticker: Basic Grey; ink: Clearsnap; letter stickers: Basic Grey, American Crafts; flourish sticker: Echo Park; gems: Basic Grey; embroidery floss: DMC; other: beads

I decided to create an 8.5” x 11” layout instead of a card with this sketch. I stayed pretty close to the sketch with some minor changes.

Instead of hearts on the center squares, I used photos and chose not to round the corners. I didn’t stitch around the individual squares, opting instead to stitch around the entire white base.

Rather than using the striped patterned paper under the squares, I placed it underneath the large yellow mat and then added another border on the top.


I added a journaling spot and embellished the title. For a little extra sparkle, I randomly added glass beads to my thread while stitching the border. The beads remind me of water droplets and also add texture and dimension to the layout.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

6 comments:

dawn said...

this is so cute, love it all

GLOANN said...

Love that border across the top and the randomly placed glass beads in your stitching. Got to remember that little trick.

COScraps said...

Very nice Love the colors and beads....

Annelies said...

Wow, love this one!

Sue Althouse said...

Love that top border and the fun photos!

Amanda said...

Oh I love the little beads in the stitching! The layout is perfect!