Friday, November 11, 2011

Two-page Week, Part 5

•••••••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #22


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Sweetest Thing in the Orchard" by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Kristin Aagard's Apple of my Eye digital kit; Alpha: Kristin Aagard's Apple of my Eye digital kit; Elements: Kristin Aagard's Apple of my Eye digital kit; Cardstock: Bazzill

Variations:
 I turned this layout into a one pager vs. a two pager and in order to do this, I made
the following changes:

• I reduced the photos to 2x2 vs. 4x4. In the end, I also had to reduce the number of photos from four to three as all four just didn't fit on my page.

• I reduced the background strips of patterned paper down to five.

• My title was very long so I opted to put the first half up top and the remainder below the cluster of embellishments.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Fun Day" by Christy Arthur
Products - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Peppermint Ski Lodge, Farmhouse Sunday Dinner, Farmers Market; Random Victorian, Textile, Curtains and Accent Cuts); Journal Cards: Elle's Studio (Handmade Layers Note Tags, Cutouts); Mist: Studio Calico (Mister Huey Dewey); Stickers: Crate Paper (Farmhouse Alpha Labels)


Variation #1: I used the left side of the sketch to make a one page layout.

Variation #2: I used four smaller 3x3 photos instead of two larger 4x4 photos.

Variation #3: I added the additional square piece of patterned paper under the photos.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"December With Grandpa" by Jennifer Larson
Supplies - Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; Patterned Paper: The Girls' Paperie, The Paper Company; Stickers: October Afternoon, Bella Blvd.; Flowers: The Girls' Paperie; Chipboard: The Girls' Paperie; Paint: Jenni Bowlin; Pen: Zig, Signo Uniball; Floss: DMC; Ink: Stampin' Up!: Other: Machine thread.

1. I loved the sketch; as usual, I wanted to fit more photos, so I shrunk the size to 2.5 x 2.5.

2. When I shrunk the size, it seemed too small for 12x12, so I changed the size to 12x6.

3. I honestly didn't measure the strips. I cut a variety at a variety of sizes in a variety of patterns.

4. I deleted the background patterned paper block and replaced with a hand stitched line. I also added a mat and stitched it to make the photos stand out against the patterned paper.

Here's a closer look at the details:


•••••••••••••••••••••

1 comment:

dawn said...

This was great to see some one pagers from this sketch. Jill I love your title and papers, so cute. Christy I like your colors and pictures too. Jennifer these are beautiful photos and little tags.