Monday, December 26, 2011

One-page Week, Part 1

••••••••••••••••
One-page Sketch #16


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"The Real Deal" by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Digital Kit: Kristin Aagard's Merry Christmas; Font: DJB How Cute Am I


Variations:

I shrunk the entire sketch to add a border.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"'Tis the Season" by Jennifer Larson
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: GCD Studios; Chipboard alphabet: American Crafts; Journaling spot: Jillibean Soup; Circle cutter: Coluzzle; Floss: DMC; Baker's twine: Unknown; Star and button brads: Making Memories; Pen: Zig; Pearls: Stampin' Up!

Variation #1: I stuck to the sketch pretty closely. I didn't measure the size of the ornaments or their location; I just eyeballed it. To add balance, I put another couple of ornaments on the right.

Variation #2: I didn't want to stitch the threads down, so I drew lines with a ruler, laid down some glue, then stuck the twine on it. I tied bows separately and glued them down.


Variation #3: I used my circle cutter to cut out slightly larger circles from the picture and the main patterned paper block to house the ornaments.
••••••••••••••••••••••

2 comments:

dawn said...

WOW these are awesome layout, love love them both. It's going to be another fun week again.

Jennifer, thanks for the tip about gluing down the twine instead of stitching. That's what would work for me.

Carolyn Wolff said...

Jill - Another awesome layout. You always inspire me.

Jennifer - I love the extra ornaments and how you cut out the background paper. I love bakers twine and it works perfect with your layout.