Friday, April 20, 2012

Add-on Week, Part 5

••••••••••••••••
Add-on Sketch #16

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the add-on sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


“Water Pop” by Andrea Friebus
Supply list - Cardstock: American Crafts; patterned paper: Bo Bunny; letter stickers: Creative Imaginations; die cuts: Bo Bunny; ink: Clearsnap; buttons and brad: My Mind’s Eye; chipboard: Little Yellow Bicycle; embroidery floss: DMC

Variation #1 - I made one pinwheel from a 4 inch square of patterned paper. I cut into the square with decorative scissors so the edges would be scalloped.




Variation #2 - I topped the pinwheel with two die cut flowers and a brad and added a chipboard border for the post.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


“Pinwheel Present” by Megan Bickers
Supplies Used—Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White); Inks: Ranger (Distress Inkpad: Tattered Rose), Tattered Angels (Glimmer Mist: Turquoise Blue); Embellishments: Bo Bunny (Brad: Olivia), Michaels (Ribbon: Textured Trios); Tools: Martha Stewart (Corner & Border Punch: Double Loop).

Variation #1: I varied the size of my squares, using a 3 ¼” and 5” size.

Variation #2: I punched the edges of the two squares before making them into the pinwheel shape.


Variation #3: Instead of adding a toothpick to them, I layered the pinwheels and added them to the top of a present.
••••••••••••••••••••

5 comments:

dawn said...

What a cool layout, love the colors and the photo to go with pinwheel!! Great job!

Love the idea of using it on a package, how awesome is that. Looks so pretty!!

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable layout Andrea!! I love that you made the pinwheel really big and the Alora line is so cute on your layout! Megan, what a fun way to use the pinwheel, and I love the pretty effect of punching the edges of the paper!

Kalea said...

The download for this add-on is not showing up on the add-on page when I go there. I love everything that has been done with the pinwheel and just wondered if the download had some directions. I already have two different layouts in mind to use this on!

Deanie said...

I am having the same problem as Kalea! Looking forward to instructions if there are any!

Nancy said...

Thes are really nice, love the scalloped edge!