Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One-page Week, Part 3

••••••••••••••••
One-page Sketch #21


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar. 


"Buckeroo Birthday" by Jill Sarginson 
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Imaginisce; Alpha: Thickers; Ink: Vibrance; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics

Variations:

• I only used one 2x2 photo in my layout.

• I substituted embellishments for the journaling.

• I did not include the embellishments on the upper right

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Fabulous" by Suzanna Lee 
Supply List - Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: Prima, Crate Paper; Stickers: K & Co, Colorbok, Teresa Collins, My Minds Eye; Tape: Tim Holtz, K & Co; Rub On: Studio Calico; Flower: Prima; Chipboard: Bumblebee; Misc: Sew Stamper by We R Memory Keepers

Variation 1: Instead of the three smaller pictures I used a 2.5 x 4 picture. I also put a small frame around each picture in order to make them stand out against the background.

Variation 2: I inked each of the horizontal strips for some added depth and delineation of papers. I also added one extra, the black scallops up top. The thin strip of black at the bottom needed some anchoring.


Variation 3: Instead of sewing, I used the Sew Stamper for that same look.

Variation 4: Embellies are placed a little bit differently and not hearts. I rarely use the embellishment as I like the visual variety. I used strips of torn tape and a tag for some more horizontal mobility.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Marshmallow Cookin" by Janette Kincaid 
Supplies - Patterned paper: Echo Park, We R Memory Keepers; Chipboard Alpha: Sassafras, Making Memories; Journal Card: 7 Gypsies; Star mask/template: Heidi Swapp; Embroidery floss: DMC; Journal Pen: Zig; Adhesive: Glue Arts, Helmar; Stitching tools and needle: We R Memory Keepers; Unknown: brad, sanding block

This layout came together really quickly (minus the blanket stitching – that part took forever!). I made most of the layout with scraps left on my desk from a previous project. I love it when that happens!!

Variation #1 - I limited the number of photos to three and placed them in the same general areas as the sketch.

Variation #2 – I replaced the heart embellishments with stars.


Variation #3 – I used a blanket stitch on the edges of the background strip rather than a straight line of stitching…did I mention the stitching part took forever?!? {wink}
•••••••••••••••••

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful layouts Ladies!! I love that all three of you used star embellishments on your layouts!! :)