Monday, February 21, 2011

One-Page Week, Part 1

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Welcome to day one of One-Page Week! I can't believe that we are nearing the end of February already. Today's layouts from Christina, Mireille, and Tammy are great examples of following the sketch while adding your own style, elements, and finishing touches.

One-page Sketch #3


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"1st Day of Preschool" by Christina Hoffman
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: KI Memories; Alphabet: American Crafts, Doodlebug Designs, and Kaiser Craft; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Apple: unknown; Craft wire: unknown; Ribbon: unknown; College Ruled Paper: Mead

I only made two changes to my layout. The first one being, I added a scalloped border underneath my bottom strip. The next change was to my journaling area, I made it a 1/2 inch wider. To make the journaling paper look like a spiral notebook I punched the side of the paper with a craft punch, then I started curling craft wire till I got the shape I wanted.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Best Friends" by Mireille Divjak
Supply list - Cardstock: Bo Bunny Buttercup dot and Bazzill; Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers- Retro Glam collection (Ingrid, Penelope, and Martha); Layered chipboard: We R Memory Keepers; Pen: American Crafts and Sakura; Ink: Colorbox; Punch: Fiskars border punch and Martha Stewart butterfly; Chipboard: Chunky chips, Bo Bunny; Glossy Accents: Ranger; Liquid Pearls: buttercup, Ranger; Sew Easy: We R Memory Keepers; Floss: We R Memory Keepers



Journaling (translated from dutch): Playing together on a sunday afternoon. It often means a photo shoot first and then scrapping together.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Signs of Spring" by Tammy Tutterow
Supplies - Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli (Romano Cheese and Blended Beans), Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup (Anejo Cheese and Corn Kernals), Jillibean Soup Patterned Paper on Kraft Soup Staples Collection (Brown Pea Pod); Stickers: Jillibean Soup Cardstock Stickers (Chilled Strawberry Soup); Fiber: Jillibean Soup Bean Stalks; Elements: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes (flowers); Alphabets: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alphas (Blue) and BasicGrey Micro Mono Stickers (Wander); Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink

For my layout based on the sketch, I stayed pretty true to the basics of the sketch with the only major change being that I chose to make all photo blocks 3" x 3" and only placed photos in four of the sections. I loved the papers so much that I honestly didn't want to cover it all up with photos!

This paper inspired me to think of spring so I pulled out some photos I snapped last year of things that I felt are some of the first signs of spring: the bunnies coming out to nibble, the Lenten Rose sprouting in my flower bed, and the daffodils and forsythia blooming in my neighborhood. I am generally not much of a journaler, but now that the page is finished, I wish I had made a place for a block of journaling to talk about the significance of those things and the arrival of spring (my most favorite season).

Here's a closer look at some of the details:



•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

12 comments:

MichelleB said...

Love that this sketch works so well with photo strips! Great pages!

dawn said...

I like this sketch because of the little photo sizes for it. Great job everyone, looks good. I recognize the new JB products on the spring layout.

Crystal said...

This would work so well with action shots and i love how it was adapted to the signs of spring too! Great job lady!

Kathy Eddy said...

Great sketch for lots of photos which we usually have! I wanted to thank you again for my package that came Saturday for winning on your blog! Wow, what a great kit!

Scrapthat said...

Love love love the one page sketches!
Great work ladies!! TFS

Erica Marshall said...

Beautiful pages ladies!

thearthurz said...

Great layouts! Love all of the different details and all of the stitching!

debbie susee said...

Thanks for all the inspiration. Love to see the variety.

mustangkayla said...

The stitch work on the Best Friends is outa this world! Just fabulous! Great layouts by all!

Shari Thurman said...

Mireille, what tools or techniques are you using to distress your paper? It's pretty cool looking.

Katrina Hunt said...

cute Cute cute girlies!!!!!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Fabulous take on the sketch girls. Lots of inspiration here.