Friday, March 4, 2011

Card Week, Part 5

 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
During our blog hop last weekend, Creative Team member, Tammy Tutterow shared a great point of view of sketches.

"When it comes to sketches, I love the spark of inspiration they provide, not only for pages, but for all types of papercrafts. There is always something you can take from one and adapt it to another type of project." 

Even if you aren't a card maker this sketch can work for you too! Don't let the name of the sketch scare you away from using it. The candles on the card sketch can be such a fun element on a layout too, as you can see on the two below from Noey Hunt and Jennifer Larson.

Card Sketch #4


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"One" by Noey Hunt
Products used - Patterned papers: SEI; Journaling block: Jillibean Soup; Tools: Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge (candles, llama, and title)

When I first saw Allison's card sketch it made me think of candles, cupcakes, and a birthday layout. My son's friend just recently had his first birthday and enjoyed a carrot cake cupcake to celebrate. I kept the feel of the candles and the anchoring horizontal line from the sketch and added a cupcake big enough to hold the photos. I added the llama with presents because this little boy loves the Llama Llama series of books.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
 

"Blow" by Jennifer Larson
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill and Stampin' Up!; Patterned Paper: BasicGrey, Crate Paper, Studio Calico, and My Mind's Eye; Gems: My Mind's Eye; Bingo Card: Jenni Bowlin; Circle Punch: EK Success; Stickers: October Afternoon; Pen: Zig; Ink: Tsukineko; Other: Machine Thread

1. As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought of birthday candles. Every year I take birthday photos of my sons with the lights turned out, blowing out the candles; I thought of this card and decided to make a layout of my son, who just turned seven.


2. I put a collage of the photos on the right of the page, and I used the candles and sentiment part of the sketch on the left.

3. To create better balance, I added some stickers and gems along the lower right side, next to the focal photo.

 ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

5 comments:

MichelleB said...

These are great! Love how the sketched worked for these pages!

dawn said...

I love both these ideas. So nice to have a new idea to scrap bday pictures. Thanks ladies and great job.

Mitralee said...

Love the gems on the tops of the candles...

COScraps said...

The gems are a nice touch! Love how you both turned this sketch into a LO!
Connie O

Cindy said...

Great conversions today ladies! I love that you show so many different uses for one sketch. :)