Sunday, April 3, 2011

Card Sketch #5, April Guest Designer, and April Sponsor

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.

A great thing about Card sketch #5 it's incredibly easy to adapt to any theme you might want to use.  You can use virtually any embellishment in place of the flourish and there is plenty of room on the card to place have a big or small message. One thing I love about the sketch is the square shape of it. That makes it easy to use for a 12 x 12 layout too!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
 April Guest Designer - Jennifer DeWolfe



Hello fellow scrapbookers and paper crafters! My name is Jennifer and I love scrapbooking! I live in Calgary Alberta Canada with my wonderful and supportive husband of 10 years and my precious fur-baby named Angus. By day I am a software developer and project manager but by night I am the chief memory officer for my family!

 This hobby is a great way for me to express my creativity every day whether it is for a couple of stolen minutes at the end of the day or a couple of hours at a crop. I have been a scrapbooker for as long as I can remember. In High School, I used to buy composition books and using Aylmer’s glue, I would paste pictures of all my friends and family and then doodle and write around them. I walked into my first scrapbook store about nine years ago with a girlfriend of mine and I have been a faithful customer ever since! I love every aspect of scrapbooking from picking photos and supplies to sliding the finished layout into an album, although I will admit that journaling is always something I procrastinate on and you will normally find a stack of layouts on the corner of my desk waiting for me to take the time and do the journaling.

I have been a follower of Allison’s blog for many years and have always loved her sketches and her style. To be honest, I had tried sketches years ago but never really fell in love with them until I tried Allison’s sketches. I love how her sketches always get so many pictures on a layout but still leave lots of room for creativity. I was excited when Sketch Support came on the scene and expanded the commonly seen scrapbook page sketch to cards and other paper crafts and how the Sketch Support team takes these sketches and creates some amazing interpretations! I am so honoured to chosen as a guest designer for Sketch Support this month and I sure hope you find inspiration here, just like I do.


We are very excited to have Jennifer working with us this month! I've seen a few peeks at some of the things she's made and I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I did! You can check out her blog here.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

April Sponsor - Unibind PhotoBook Creator

I'm so excited about our sponsor this month! For our birthday celebration at Scrapbook Generation we had the pleasure of having Ken Oliver from Unibind there to demonstrate how the Unibind PhotoBook Creator works. I think we all instantly fell in love with the machine (and Ken!). 

So what is the PhotoBook Creator? It's a machine that gives you the ability to make your own hardcover books and the cool part, it only takes 90 seconds. You can get the hardcovers in several sizes and they have many color options. You can check out their website by clicking here and they have a demo you can watch to see how it works.

I got one of these machines for Christmas and I've used it for so many different books. My favorite is a book of Drew's school work that I'll share with you later this week. I'll also be posting a book that I have made with the Photobook Creator and our April sketches every Friday this month.

We've got some fantastic giveaways from Unibind this month and for the month of April, Scrapbook Generation is offering 20% off the Photobook Creator to our Sketch Support readers. You can call 417-886-0440 to order one and make sure you mention the 20% offer. 
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

7 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Nice to meet you Jennifer. :)
Okay... The Unibind PhotoBook Creator looks SUPER COOL! I watched the video...AWESOME! Can't wait to see Drew's school work book! TFS!

Crystal said...

Hi Jennifer! You will have so much fun here! That Unibind looks cool too!

Ken Oliver said...

Hey Allison, thank you for letting Unibind participate this month. We're gonna have some super prizes!

Ken

Anonymous said...

This looks great! Ken, can you tell us how many pages this photo book will accommodate and if you plan on adding additional colors in the near future? Thanks!
Happyscrapn

Ken Oliver said...

Hi there, Happy Scrapn...our books can hold a lot of pages of they can hold a few pages...it's really determined by the weight of the card stock, or page that you use. If you use very heavy pages you would get fewer pages in the book. If you use copy paper, you can get a lot of pages in the book. So it's best to plan first and design with your paper weight in mind.
Ken

Christina Hoffman said...

Man, I sure wish us design team members could win. I've been wanting one of these machines since they were at SG's birthday party.

Jenn said...

Great sketch this week - I don't make cards, but I used it for a layout and loved how it came out. Thanks!