Monday, April 4, 2011

Card Week, Part 1

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
One week without sharing a new sketch felt like a month! I don't know about you but I'm ready to jump back into more sketches.

This card sketch has a lot of room for adjustments. You can easily add more or move things around and you should be able to do that without crowding anything. Today we've got two cards that show a few ways you can adapt this sketch to what you want to work with. 

Card Sketch #5


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"The Best is Yet to Be" card by Amy Roller
Supplies - Cardstock: Stampin UP! and We R Memory Keepers; Patterned Paper: BoBunny, Echo Park, and unknown; Brad: We R Memory Keepers; Flower: Prima; Stick Pin: Maya Road; Swirl: Making Memories; Pearls: Close To My Heart; White gel pen: Signo; Punch: Fiskars

For this sketch I followed the overall design but made a few minor adjustments. I moved the sentiment from the horizontal strip to the top left corner because it fit better there. I used a border punch for the scalloped piece and added pearls to it as well. I decided to use faux stitching on the border instead of the real thing. It's much easier and time effective but still looks good! I added a flower, stick pin and some more bling to finish it off.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Hello" card by Allison Davis
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; Chipboard: My Mind's Eye; Tab sticker: My Mind's Eye; Flourish: KaiserCraft; Border punch: Fiskars; Embroidery floss: DMC

For the most part, I followed the sketch. The only change was I used a the phone chipboard circle on top of the flourish. Since the flourish stretched the whole length of the card, I moved the message (the phone and the hello tab) on top of it. There was plenty of room on the card to do that without having to adjust anything else.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Great takes on the amazing sketch. I too missed the sketches but seeing the kiddos was fun too!

thearthurz said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love the telephone and the colors on your card Allison!!

mustangkayla said...

Fabulous sketch and pretty cards!

Christine said...

Amy, you have made a wonderful card as I know you can. I really like it and Allison's. I haven't seen anything you two have made that I didn't like. And Allison, I noticed at the store today that you are about to run out of room to hang layouts. You will have to start in the classroom next.

Michele said...

Lovely cards ladies! No "My Way" last month?

Allison Davis said...

We're still doing "My Way", it just got pushed back since we had so many layouts from the kids last week. :)

Thank you everyone! :)