One-page Sketch #9
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.
"She Loves This Dress" by Jill Sarginson
Supplies - Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Emma's Shoppe collection); Tools: Fiskars Bracket border punch, Creative Memories heart punch; Stickers: Crate Paper; Alphabets: Thickers, Carolee's Creations; Miscellaneous: Glimmer Mist, brown acrylic paint, Anchor floss, pop dots, staples
I decided to use this sketch with negative space. I shrunk the original sketch down and placed it on the left hand side of my page. This sketch worked with three photos I had so I used two smaller ones in paces of the 6x4 photo. I also staggered them a bit on the page. To add some interest to the page, I glimmer misted the background and then applied some brown acrylic paint. Because my design was off to the side, I decided to put some detail in the left hand corner.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
"Apple Math" by Jennifer Larson
Supplies - Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; Patterned paper: Crate Paper, Creative Imaginations; Letter rubons: BoBunny; Chipboard letters: BasicGrey; Paint: Jenni Bowlin; Ink: Stampin' Up!; Stamps: Studio Calico; Circle Cutter: Coluzzle; Spray ink: Studio Calico; Label Sticker: October Afternoon; Other: machine stitching, font
1. I liked the curve--it made me think of math--sine? Cosine? So I used this sketch for a page about my son learning fractions using apples.
2. Unfortunately, I had three photos I wanted to use, so I used my circle cutter to cut one photo down to the detail, then cut a slightly larger circle out of the horizontal photo to nest it in the design.
3. Confession: the background paper I used was a "mist mess-up" for another project I'd done. To use the paper while covering the big blob of mist, I slid the design down farther than the sketch had it.
4. To do the apples, I shadow stamped with a light color for the background and a dark color for the outline, then I cut the apples out to use as accents on the page.
5. I hand drew a curve on the green paper, then cut it out. No need for fancy tools sometimes!