Sunday, July 31, 2011

Card Sketch #10 and our August Guest Designer

••••••••••••••••••••••••••


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.

*The site we use for hosting the PDFs of the sketch is currently down. We will have Card Sketch #10 available to print as soon as possible.

If this card sketch looks a little familiar to you, it might be that you remember the cupcake recipe book I made in April. The inside pages of the book were all based on One-page Sketch #5 but the cover was my own design. I thought the cover of the book would make a great card sketch for this month.

I think circles are a fun shape to work with because they are an easy shape to make, they work with every theme, and there are so many ways to use them. For this sketch there are several sizes of circles layered onto each other with a big embellishment in the middle. The cupcake can easily be replaced with any embellishment or even a large sentiment. 

The creative team has put together some great projects based on this sketch and we can't wait to share them with you!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

August Guest Designer - Mary Bezdicek


Greetings everyone! My name is Mary Bezdicek and I am ecstatic to be chosen as Sketch Support’s August Guest Designer. Home is a grain farm in southwest Minnesota with my husband of 26 years (27 in September), Ron, and our adorable blue healer, Butzik. Ron and I have two grown children, Tyler, 25, who lives and works in our home town of Jackson and Megan, 22, who will be a senior at Augustana College in Sioux Falls. I am employed as an accountant/biller for the local public health office. Other than scrapbooking, I enjoy gardening and reading.

Creativity has always been an important part of my life, beginning when my grandmother taught me to sew at age 10 and cross stitching gifts and home decor. I began scrapbooking in 1999 after our family vacation to Disney World to have someplace to preserve all those fantastic memories. Since then, scrapbooking is not only a hobby but also a big part of my social life as I really enjoy crops and weekend retreats with my scrapping pals!! In January of 2010, I found Allison’s blog and have been hooked on her sketches ever since. I hope everyone enjoys my take on the Sketches and come visit me at http://onmygravelroad.blogspot.com/.

Mary has put together some fantastic projects for this month and we're looking forward to sharing them with you!
•••••••••••••••••••••••

No comments: