Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Card Week, Part 2

•••••••••••••••

Card Sketch #10

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Wishing You Every Happiness" card by Lynette Jacobs
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed Paper: Pink Paislee, Butterfly Garden; Bling: Kaiser Craft; Sentiment: Kaiser Craft; Ribbon: unknown

On this card I stuck to the sketch. I used a square piece of printed paper for the background. I did faux stitching around my circles and the image in the center was cut from the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden paper. I added the ribbon and bling in the scallops.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
 

"Just Be Happy" card by Tammy Volland

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"I Love You Bunches" card by Allison Davis
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: October Afternoon; Die cut pieces (butterfly, flower, circle in the center of the flower, and the sentiment): Jillibean Soup; Jewels: Kaisercraft

I stayed pretty close to the sketch for this card. The biggest change was substituting the large flower for the cupcake. I also added a line of stitching around the largest circle instead of on it.

To give the scallop circle a flowery look I slightly curled the ends of the scallops up and adhere it to the card with foam adhesive. I also added some jewels to each scallop.

Be sure to check out creative team member, Amy Roller's blog today. She's got a giveaway for our new Sketches for Scrapbooking: One-page Sketches book!
 ••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

These are all great again, love everyone's ideas.

Unknown said...

Gosh these are all great cards! I am not very good with circular cards...but may try it!

connie said...

love the different takes on this sketch. Will have to try a circular card.