Two-page Sketch #18
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.
"Anthony & Grandpa" by Mary Bezdicek
Supplies used - Paper and stickers: Bo Bunny “Block Party”; Embroidery floss: We R Memory Keepers; Stickles: Ranger, Star Dust; Cardstock: American Crafts; Ink: Color Box, Chestnut Roan; Star border punch: EK Success; Other: Cricut Tie the Knot and Don Juan Cartridges.
This page was very bittersweet to make as “Grandpa”, my husband’s father passed away June 7, 2011. These pictures were taken during our family Easter celebration this past spring, our last family celebration with Dad in attendance. It was just two weeks later that Dad starting failing…this page really brings home the reason that I scrapbook.
• I used two 6X4 vertical photos on the left side of the page.
• The title was wrapped around the photos.
• The waves were replaced with 1 ¾” X 12” red paper and I layered two 1/4” X 12” strips of striped paper on the top and bottom of the red strip. The star boarder was placed in the center of the two striped strips.
• The star boarder was punched from double sided paper, so I took the stars, flipped them so the coordinating color was face up. I then glued them down and covered them with Star Dust Stickles.
• The swirls were cut from the Cricut Tie the Knot Cartridge. I stitched on the blue swirls for an accent.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
"Jenny & Andy" by Mary Bezdicek
Supplies used - Paper: Basic Grey “Bittersweet”; Cardstock: Bazzill; Border punch: EK Success; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels (Vintage Pink, Black Cherry, Iridescent Gold); Ink: Versa Color (Black); Crackle accents: Ranger; Tools: Sizzix Flower Layers die, Cricut George and Basic Shapes Cartridges; Crystals: Zva Creative Crystals; Brad: unknown;
• I used 9 X 5 ½” photo on the left side of the page.
• The sun embellishment was replaced with a flower on the lower right corner of the photo.
To make the flower, I soaked with Glimmer Mist three of the large flowers, two of the medium flowers and 1 small of the flower dies and crumpled them up while wet. I then flattened them and finished drying them with my heat gun. After the flowers where dry, I punched a hole in the center and added the brad.
• The waves were replaced with 2 ¾” X 12” paper and I layered one ¼ “ X 12” strips of striped paper on the bottom and one ½ “ X 12” strip of paper on the top. The heart boarder was placed in the center of the two striped strips.
• Hearts cut from the Cricut George and Basic Shapes using coordinating papers were adhered to the boarder using foam dots and covered with Ranger Crackle Accents.
• The journaling was the cover of Jenny and Andy’s wedding program.
• The waves were replaced with Zva Creative Crystals.
I hope you enjoyed my takes on the sketch and I will see you all next week!