Monday, September 26, 2011

One-page Week, Part 1

••••••••••••

One-page Sketch #13


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"1st Day of School" by Christine Chain
Supplies - letter stickers: American Crafts, Basic Grey; word stickers: October Afternoon; patterned paper: My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper, Graphic 45, Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon, Sassafras; pearls: Prima; punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars; ink: Tsukiniko

1) I followed the sketch pretty closely. I kept all of the paper dimensions the same. I did enlarge the main photo to 3-1/2"x 5" because it just worked better for my photo.

2) I omitted the stitching on the clouds and used some fun word stickers in my stash instead. I think it has the same effect and adds a little extra to this spot.


3) I also omitted the row of stitching along the patterned paper strips. I used some really busy papers, and the stitching would have been overkill.


4) And I used a bit of inking on the flags and flagpoles to help them stand out a bit more.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Ready 2 Mow" by Suzanna Lee
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Pink Paislee; Rubber Charms: Pink Paislee; Buttons: Doodlebug; Letter Stickers: October Afternoon, American Crafts; Chipboard and Flag Banner: Jenni Bowlin; Punch: EK Success; Ink: Tim Holtz; Twine: We R Memory Keepers

As I customarily do, I framed my page with an extra layer and stitched around it. My smaller pictures are a slightly different size than specified as I didn't want to lose certain elements in my pictures. Rather than butterflies, I used buttons as my embellishment triology.


Per the variations listed, I opted for a sun up by the clouds. I added an extra paper strip because I wanted some grass on the page. I also splattered some mist across my background page for some visual interest.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Life Documented" by Lynette Jacobs
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed Papers: Echo Park (For the Record); Flowers: Petaloo and Making Memories; Brads: Chatterbox; Pearls: Upikit; Alphabet: Scenic Route; Rubons: Kaisercraft; Other: DMC Cotton.

• I kept strictly to the sketch.

• I used larger photos, therefore also cut the printed paper a bit wider.

• I cut my clouds from printed paper and hand stitched through it.

• I added pearls to the butterflies.
••••••••••••••••••••••

5 comments:

dawn said...

What a great sketch, love the little flags. I enjoyed all these layouts today, great job ladies!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic sketch and great interpretations! Lynette you and I seem to be SS "twins"; our layouts are often posted on the same day. Great minds think alike, eh? ;-)

Carolyn Wolff said...

Wow, this week is off to a great start.

Christine - I love your take on this sketch. I really like the kraft background and your clouds are so sweet.

Suzanna - Great layout. I love your paper selection and the splattered background.

Lynette- Wow! I love the printed clouds and those butterflies are beautiful. Great job!

Crystal said...

This is such a fun sketch! I love the little flags!

COScraps said...

Great LO's.... such a cute sketch!