Monday, October 3, 2011

Card Week, Part 1

•••••••••••••••

Card Sketch #12


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"It's Time to Party" card by Amy Roller
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye, Bella Blvd; Embellishment stickers: Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye; Other: Thread

I followed the measurements for this one and placed my patterned squares and then followed with a solid pattern instead of the stripe shown. I felt it looked to busy with a stripe but wanted to have the same effect so I did an accordion fold across the strip before I stuck it down. Next I placed the solid cardstock and another pattern.


I then stitched around the edges of the top square and added my large star embellishment. I hand wrote "It's time to..." on a piece of patterned paper and placed it next to the star with pop dots. Then added the "PARTY" sticker below it as well as confetti and other mini star stickers . I popped this layer up as well to add dimension.



  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Birthday" card by Lynette Jacobs
Supplies used - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed papers: Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon, and Simple Stories; Flowers: Unknown; Chipboard Flourish: Enmarc; Glitter: Crazy Crafts; Sentiment rubon: Kaisercraft; Pearls: Upikit

• I followed the measurements of the sketch.

• I replaced the stars with flowers.

• I used a chipboard scroll that I covered in glitter.

• I added pearls to the corners of the top printed paper.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Happy Halloween" card by Allison Davis
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: Authentique; Stamp: Inkadinkado ; Pen: Zig, EK Success;

I only made a few small adjustments to the card to fit the products I was working with.


Variation #1 - Instead of using a stripe for the strip across the middle I used a diamond pattern. I really wanted to get the full diamond on the strip so I cut it a little larger than what the sketch calls for.

Variation #2 - I cut the top square slightly smaller than the 4" square suggested on the sketch. I really liked the pattern on the paper behind the top square so I wanted more of it to show. 

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"You're Doing Great" card by Christina Hoffman
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Stickers and Alphabets: Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Embroidery Thread: DMC

Variation #1: In place of the 3/4 inch striped strip I used a 1/4 inch die cut strip.

Variation #2: I used a journaling die cut behind my message.

Variation #3: I changed the position of my embellishments from the middle of the right side of the card to the top left corner.
••••••••••••••••••••

7 comments:

dawn said...

These look great, love love this sketch. Makes me wish I did cards.

hay4rick said...

What a great card! Love the school theme!

connie said...

Your DT makes cards look easy! Great job.

mustangkayla said...

What a great sketch and fantastic cards!

COScraps said...

Great cards!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love all the variations...what amazing ideas.

V Colbourne said...

Fantastic inspiration. Thanks so much, here's a lil card I whipped up with your sketch http://newfienes.blogspot.com/2011/10/this-card-makes-me-happy.html