Monday, October 31, 2011

Card Week, Part 1

•••••••••••••••••
 Card Sketch #13


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Happy Birthday" card by Christine Chain
Supplies - patterned paper: My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey; letter stickers: American Crafts, Basic Grey; brads: unknown (in my Green Tangerine's Kit Club March kit); buttons: American Crafts; ink: Tsukineko; other: embroidery floss

1) I really stuck to the sketch for sizes this time. I really like how having all of the strips 1/2" made it easy for me to play around with what order I wanted them in (I trimmed the length after I made my decision).

2) I swapped out the flowers, purely because I didn't have any flowers that matched, but I had some buttons and brads!

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
•••••••••••••

"Wish" card by Melissa Elsner
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper, Stickers: Pink Paislee; Brad: My Minds Eye; Ink: Versafine; Stamp: Fiskars; Pen: Zig Memory Systems; Corner Punch: EK Success

Variation #1: For the banner strips I chose to use some banner stickers instead of cutting out paper. Worked perfectly and less work.

Variation #2: For the triple flowers, as shown in the sketch, I gained inspiration by doing a triple layered flower and just made it larger to take up the space.


Variation #3: I chose to matte the top layer of paper to help offset the bold colors and it also helped so my sentiment didn't get too lost in the card.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Thank You" card by Noey Hunt
Products used - Patterned papers: DCWV, My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon, Bo Bunny; Epoxy Stickers: SEI; Journaling Block: Colorbok; Tools: Cricut Calligraphy cartridge (sentiment)

Variation #1: I changed the shape of the banners. I used my corner rounder to double round the ends of my paper strips.

Variation #2: I used a journaling block as the background for the sentiment. The block ended up being wider than the paper strips.

Variation #3: I moved the flowers over to the left (well, they are a printed part of the journaling block, but I rotated it) to make room for the title I chose.
••••••••••••••••••

4 comments:

dawn said...

I like this sketch, great way to use up scraps of paper. The cards all look wonderful and colorful.

Great sketch again Allison!

Two Scrapbook Friends said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn Wolff said...

Great card sketch Allison.

Christine - I love the colours that you chose for your card. Your mixture of fonts really add a lot of interest. Great job.

Melissa - Nice use of stickers for your banner strips. Love that 'wish' stamp too.

Noey - What a beautiful card. The colours are so soft and I like how you switched up the banner strips to have a pointed end instead.

brandigirl said...

yay christine!! i love seeing the Green Tangerines Kit Club in most of your fabulous work!