Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Card Week, Part 2

•••••••••••••••••
 Card Sketch #13


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Hello" card by Christy Arthur
Products - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Studio Calico (Memoir Flower Bed, Autumn Press Bundle, Scarf and Frolic), Crate Paper (Farmhouse Sunday Dinner); Stickers: Crate Paper (Farmhouse Border Stickers and Random Phrase Stickers); Stamps: Hero Arts (Typewriter); Ink: Jenni Bowlin (Weather Vane), Ranger (Adirondack Pitch Black)

Variation #1: I added another strip of paper to the edge of the card and embellished it with a border sticker.

Variation #2: I added two extra banners, varying the width and length of each banner.

Variation #3: I placed the message on the corner embellishment, instead of towards the left side of the card. I also used two larger embellishments instead of three smaller flowers.

Variation #4: I did not add any stitching.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Congratulations" card by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Crate paper; Ink: Vibrance; Stickers: Crate paper; Cardstock: Bazzill

Variations:

• I matted the entire sketch onto a piece of cardstock.

• I reduced the size of the layer on top of the horizontal flag strips.

• My cluster in the bottom right is a bit bigger than the sketch as my elements were bigger - to balance it out, I added a circle tag and circle chipboard above the sentiment.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Thinking of You" card by Lynette Jacobs
Supplies Used - Cardstock: WorldWin textured cardstock; Printed Papers: Melissa Francis; die cut: K & Co; Flower: Prima; Pearls: Melissa Francis; Chipboard frame: Tattered Angels framed fonts; Sentiment: Kaisercraft. (My Creative Scrapbook Ltd Edition August kit)

Variation #1: I used a die cut instead of the white block.

Variation #2: I added the glittered chipboard frame to the middle of the die cut.

Variation #3: I placed a paper flower and a prima bloom in the middle of the frame and not to the side of the die cut.

Variation#4: I added pearls to the corners of the die cut.

Variation #5: I placed my sentiment diagonally across the bottom of the card.
•••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

These all look great and love this sketch. Great job dream team!!

Carolyn Wolff said...

These are all great cards.

Christy-beautiful card! Love the kraft card base and rounded corners.

Jill-love all the layering and dimension.

Lynette-so soft and pretty. Love the pearl accents and the detail on the scalloped mat.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous cards ladies! Love everyone's takes and how these banners work so well on a card!