Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Card Week, Part 2

•••••••••••••••••
 Card Sketch #13


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Hello" card by Christy Arthur
Products - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Studio Calico (Memoir Flower Bed, Autumn Press Bundle, Scarf and Frolic), Crate Paper (Farmhouse Sunday Dinner); Stickers: Crate Paper (Farmhouse Border Stickers and Random Phrase Stickers); Stamps: Hero Arts (Typewriter); Ink: Jenni Bowlin (Weather Vane), Ranger (Adirondack Pitch Black)

Variation #1: I added another strip of paper to the edge of the card and embellished it with a border sticker.

Variation #2: I added two extra banners, varying the width and length of each banner.

Variation #3: I placed the message on the corner embellishment, instead of towards the left side of the card. I also used two larger embellishments instead of three smaller flowers.

Variation #4: I did not add any stitching.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Congratulations" card by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Crate paper; Ink: Vibrance; Stickers: Crate paper; Cardstock: Bazzill

Variations:

• I matted the entire sketch onto a piece of cardstock.

• I reduced the size of the layer on top of the horizontal flag strips.

• My cluster in the bottom right is a bit bigger than the sketch as my elements were bigger - to balance it out, I added a circle tag and circle chipboard above the sentiment.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Thinking of You" card by Lynette Jacobs
Supplies Used - Cardstock: WorldWin textured cardstock; Printed Papers: Melissa Francis; die cut: K & Co; Flower: Prima; Pearls: Melissa Francis; Chipboard frame: Tattered Angels framed fonts; Sentiment: Kaisercraft. (My Creative Scrapbook Ltd Edition August kit)

Variation #1: I used a die cut instead of the white block.

Variation #2: I added the glittered chipboard frame to the middle of the die cut.

Variation #3: I placed a paper flower and a prima bloom in the middle of the frame and not to the side of the die cut.

Variation#4: I added pearls to the corners of the die cut.

Variation #5: I placed my sentiment diagonally across the bottom of the card.
•••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

These all look great and love this sketch. Great job dream team!!

Carolyn Wolff said...

These are all great cards.

Christy-beautiful card! Love the kraft card base and rounded corners.

Jill-love all the layering and dimension.

Lynette-so soft and pretty. Love the pearl accents and the detail on the scalloped mat.

Melissa Elsner said...

Gorgeous cards ladies! Love everyone's takes and how these banners work so well on a card!