Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Card Week, Part 3

•••••••••••••••

Card Sketch #12


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Nice Having You Around" card by Suzanna Lee
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill, Coredinations; Embossing Folder: Sizzix; Patterned Paper: SEI, Best Creations, American Crafts, Pebbles Inc; Dimensional Sticker: Pebbles Inc; Misc: DMC floss

Biggest variation for me is it's a card and not a layout! LOL! Some minor deviations; no striped piece running the full length horizontally but the banner in the greeting in it's place. I stitched the outer border instead of the inner.


I love the texture that the embossing folder added to the background. I just might be inspired to do more cards!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Happy Halloween" card by Melissa Bell
Supply List - Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye; Brad: My Mind's Eye; Floss: DMC; Chalk Ink: ColorBox; Pop Dots: EK Success; Corner Rounder: We R Memory Keepers; Other: Black Cardstock

I stayed fairly close to the sketch with this card. I love it just the way it is!

Variation #1 - I added another square to the base of the card. I wanted my lighter patterned paper to be framed by the black cardstock.

Variation # 2 - I omitted the stars and swirls. I felt that my happy Halloween square was interesting enough to stand by itself.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Celebrate" card by Noey Hunt
Products usedPatterned paper: SEI; Glitter Accents: Colorbok; Stamp: Fiskars; Embossing powder: American Crafts

Variation 1: Base papers. I ended up separating the background squares of paper because I liked having a break in the pattern. I think this emphasized line also helps draw the eye toward the greeting.

Variation 2: Changing up the stars and title. I decided to cut out this feathery flower from my patterned paper and make it the focus of the card. After using such a vibrant accent for my shape, I decided to simplify the greeting. The heat embossed "celebrate" image worked nicely to complete my triad of embellishments at the focal point on the card.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Missing You!" card by Tammy Volland
Supplies - Digital Kit by: Jeanne Maries Scraps, Passing Notes; Software used: Adobe Photoshop CS3; Photoshop Actions: Distressed Edge, Painted Chipboard; Stitching by: Tracy Stroud, All Stitched Up

I had a lot of fun with this sketch! I stayed pretty close to the original, however I used flowers instead of stars. I added drop shadows to all layers.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

1 comment:

dawn said...

WOW ladies so many wonderful takes on this card. I like them all and the way each of you are adding your special touches. WAY TO GO!!