Monday, November 21, 2011

One-page Week, Part 1

••••••••••••••
One-page Sketch #15


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.



"Autumn Splendor" by Christine Chain
Suppliespatterned paper: My Mind’s Eye, Little Yellow Bicycle, Simple Stories; letter stickers: Lush by My Mind’s Eye, American Crafts; word stickers: Authentique; paper leaves: Amy Tangerine by American Crafts; ink: Tsukineko; other: embroidery floss

1) I used this cute strip of owl paper for my journaling block.


2) Word stickers came in handy for the journaling strips…I love these!


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Sweet {heart} by Lynette Jacobs"
Supplies used: Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed papers: My Minds Eye (Lost and Found); Punches: Martha Stewart; Rubon: Kaisercraft; Alphabet: Quickutz Blossom; Other: DMC Cotton.

Variation #1: I followed the directions on the sketch but replaced the stripe paper with glittered blocks.

Variation #2: I punched the strip below the stripe strip and attached it with a row of hand stitching.

Variation #3: I replaced the leaves with falling hearts and added a second layer that pops up.



  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"The Impossible Dream" by Jennifer Larson
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill, Stampin' Up!; Patterned paper: Studio Calico, Basic Grey, American Crafts, Pebbles; Stickers: Prima, American Crafts, Crate Paper; Pen: American Crafts; Corner Rounder: EK Success; Ink: Stampin' Up!; Hemp: American Crafts; Other: Machine stitching, buttons.

1. I kept the general design, but one photo didn't work well vertically, so I printed it horizontal.

2. The leaves didn't fit thematically, so I didn't include them.

3. I added more strips along the bottom, just because!
••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

The first two layouts are so sweet, love the sketch.

The last layout is so cool, way to go on getting a win.

Great job ladies!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Christine and Jennifer...I love your takes on the sketch. I actually overcame my fear of white space with this layout;-)

Carolyn Wolff said...

Wow! What a great start to the week.

Christine - I love the papers you chose and those little faces are so cute. Great job.

Lynette - Another awesome layout. I love the hearts and how you made the 3D. Beautiful.

Jennifer - Great layout. I like how you placed the buttons and that notched border along the bottom is perfect.