Monday, December 12, 2011

Two-page Week, Part 1

•••••••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #23


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Christmas Memories" by Lynette Jacobs
Supply list - Background: Embossed Bazzill; Printed papers: Fancy Pants (Traditions); Stars: Fabscraps; Glitter: Melissa Francis; Title: Enmarc; Brad: Making Memories; Leaves: Making Memories; Flower: Maya Road; Punch: Martha Stewart.


Variation #1: I punched the scallop and the narrow strips.

Variation #2: I doodled on my Christmas trees.


Variation #3: I moved the title to the bottom of the Christmas Trees.


Variation #4: Added leaves and a flower to the right side page.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Very Merry" by Jennifer Larson
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: The Girls' Paperie, Pink Paislee, The Paper Company, and October Afternoon; Die cut journaling spots and stars: Jillibean Soup; Punches: Fiskars; Chipboard word: Maya Road; Paint: Jenni Bowlin; Letter and word stickers: Crate Paper; Photo corner stickers: Bella Blvd; Adhesive: Tombow monoadhesive and glue, Glue Dots; Floss: DMC; Flowers: The Girls' Paperie; Glitter ribbon: Making Memories; Gems: Bazzill; Glitter brad: Stampin' Up!; Pen: Zig


Variation #1: I loved the sketch, but I didn't have enough photos, so I made it one page. To do so, I compressed the big photo block on the right into a line of 3x3 photos, and I only put one 4x6 photo to the left. I also compressed the number of trees.

Variation #2: Since the 4x6 photo was over the title placement, I moved it to the left of the photo and eliminated the flourishes.


I also eliminated the journaling, since I made this page for my son's album, and the photos told the story.

Variation # 3: Just for fun I added stars and twinkle to the trees!

 •••••••••••••

6 comments:

dawn said...

I love love these trees and layouts. So glad we have another Christmas tree sketch this week.

Great job ladies!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Lovin' this sketch, can't wait to use it!

bakscrap said...

Love this one! The sketch doesn't seem to be there yet? Sketch #22 is the first one that downloads when I click on two-page sketches.

GLOANN said...

This is a wonderful sketch. Well, that's nothing new, is it? But this will work so well for Christmas and other occasions when one has so many pictures that need to be included. Love Jennifer's LO compressing it all into a one-pager. Really looking forward to seeing all the other LOs this week.

Allison Davis said...

bakscrap, sometimes it takes awhile for the sketches to upload. It will be on the page as soon as it uploads.

Carolyn Wolff said...

Wow! The sketch is awesome but when it comes to life it is the best.

Lynette - Love your take on this one. Your trees are amazing with all the pen detail and I really like that start border you added.

Jennifer - Very nice! Your photos are great and I love the stitching around your stars.