Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Two-page Week, Part 3

•••••••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #23


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"An Annual Holiday Tradition" by Carolyn Wolff
Supply List - Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle; Stickers: Simple Stories; Brads: Little Yellow Bicycle; Sanding Tool: Basic Grey; Ink: Ranger

Another awesome 2-page sketch!

Variation #1 – I followed this sketch pretty closely, mostly because I loved it just the way it was. The layered trees were my favourite part. I did use more photos on the right page. I created a collage with 12 photos using Picasa 3 and then developed it in an 8x10 size. I cut the photos up and matted them on a dark green sheet of the pattern paper.

Variation #2 – I layered the trees as shown on the sketch but I moved my title closer to the top of my page and to the left side. I added snowflake stickers to replace the stars on the tops of the trees and I replaced the flourish with some present stickers.


I used stickers for the journal strips and did not include as many as were shown.

Variation #3 – I added a couple of different strips along the bottom of the pages. I also added a row of stitching to separate the borders and give some dimension.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Kindergarten Christmas" by Allison Davis
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers; Alphabets: Doodlebug and Little Yellow Bicycle; Flourish: Little Yellow Bicycle; Stickers: Crate Paper, 7Gypsies, and Scenic Route

Variation #1 - The biggest change I made was to my photos. I had a lot more photo that I wanted to include on my layout so I used a smaller size on the right page. The square photos are all 2-1/2 x 2-1/2" and then there are two larger 2-1/2 x 5-1/8" photos.

Variation #2 - I followed the measurements on the sketch for all of the trees on the left page but also added in some extra details. I used the designs on the patterned papers as a guide to add in some hand stitching.


On the largest tree I stitched in red and green along the garland on the paper. On the tall tree behind the largest one, I stitched along the swirled pattern on the paper, and on the smallest tree I stitched small swirls following the pattern on the paper.

Variation #3 - Instead of using a scallop strip to the left of the 4 x 6 photos, I used a decorative edge that was on a piece of patterned paper. It is double the size of the scallop strip suggested on the sketch but since it goes behind the trees and journaling it didn't change anything.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

5 comments:

dawn said...

WOW again ladies, really loving these trees and tons of photos. I love all the colors and the stitching too.

Carolyn Wolff said...

It is always a bit intimidating having my layout posted on the same day as you Allison!

Your layout is amazing.....and we used the same paper collection. I love the stitching on your trees and your photos are awesome, as usual!

Thanks for another awesome sketch!

Suzanna said...

Wow! I would have never known you both used the same paper collection had Carolyn not pointed it out! And the same sketch! Amazing the end results! Love 'em ladies!

Ashley Horton said...

These are both fantastic layouts!! I love how you both used the same paper line!! :) Great use of the sketch on both layouts!!

Luv2talk said...

Love the TITLE: Kindergarten Christmas.

Amazing that you both used the same paper line and yet each have such unique looking LOs.