Saturday, December 17, 2011

Two-page Week, Part 6 - Guest Designer, Samantha Taylor

•••••••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #23


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Santa & Build A Bear" by Samantha Taylor
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With A View (The Homemade Christmas Stack); Ribbon: May Arts; Alphabets: American Crafts and Echo Park; Buttons and Rhinestones: Prima

I often try to grow my style by pushing outside of my comfort zone. I love using sketches to ease the transition into something new. For example, this sketch is just my style, however the paper I'm working with here is a bit outside my comfort zone. It's a bit darker than what I normally choose, and there is glitter worked into most of the pages...and with 2 boys, I just don't use glitter very often. Combining a sketch I'm comfortable using with some paper I'm not so comfortable using made this foray outside the box fun instead of stressful!

Variation 1: Have I mentioned I like to layer? I layered my nine 3" x 3" photos on the right hand page onto a 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" piece of glittery red card stock before placing them on the 12" x 12" base.

Variation 2: Instead of using a paper striped strip at the bottom, I used 1 1/2" wide striped ribbon.

Variation 3: I placed my title up a bit higher.

Variation 4: Instead of tree trunks, I placed packages at the bottom of my trees. Some of the presents were mounted with pop-dots to create more dimension.


Variation 5: I used three trees instead of five (omitting the two smallest trees).

 •••••••••••••••••••

4 comments:

dawn said...

aaawww how cute this is. I love that shop. This came out great, love the little presents, the trees, the font you used is fun!!

Good for you going out of your comfort zone and making it work. I like the paper and think it fits well with the theme.

Cindy deRosier said...

I love what Samantha made!

Geri said...

I've been eyeballing this sketch for quite awhile and finally got around to using it. Thanks for the inspiration

http://homesweeethome.blogspot.com/2012/01/busy-bug.html

Palmdale Mac Repair said...

Thanks for writting this