Monday, January 23, 2012

One-page Week, Part 1

••••••••••••••••
One-page Sketch #17


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Fun on the 4th" by Christine Chain
Supplies - Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup (Watermelon Gazpacho and Blossom Soup); Banana Leaf paper: Creative Imaginations; Stickers and alphabets: Jillibean Soup; Pen: Slickwriter by American Crafts

Variation #1 - I swapped out the stars on the left for a bunch of labels and stickers.


When I first saw this sketch, I thought, "Cool, this will be perfect for my Fourth of July photo!". Then I went to the scrapbook store, so naturally I bought more than I needed, including a sheet of stickers from Jillibean Soup. I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone and had fun with lots of stickers here.

Variation #2 - I moved the title down onto the photo and to the right.


I like the idea of the title on the top, but my papers were too busy, and I had a nice open spot on my photo asking for some word art.

Variation #3 - I skipped the journaling strips and used a label sticker instead. I had been contemplating this design change, and then I realized I didn't have anymore matching cardstock. Done. I like the label here.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Gotcher Game On" by Michele Edwards
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: The Paper Company, Creative Imaginations, Moxxie; Embellishments: Stars cut with die-namics, Queen and Company rhinestones; Alphabets: Cricut (Plantin Schoolbook); Floss: DMC.

I always love sketches like this. All those bits and pieces of paper really pop. Another thing I love about this, other than the background cardstock, all the paper came from my scrap bin!

Variations

1. I stayed true to the sketch, the main difference was that I stretched the sketch to cover two pages.


2. I used pop-dots to raise some of the stars.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Twinkle" by Janette Kincaid
Supply List - Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle; Letter Stickers: Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey; Floss/String: DMC and Martha Stewart Crafts (Cotton Hemp Yarn, Red); Brads and Staples: unknown

The second I saw this sketch I knew the photo and papers I wanted to use. I love it!! Although my large star ended up just a wee bit bigger and I didn’t use quite as many little stars to the left of the photo, I copied the sketch almost to the letter.

Variation #1 - I stapled a length of red string over the little layered stars in place of the stitching.


Variation #2 - Rather than paper strips behind the photo I used a patterned paper with stripes instead – this is just a touch smaller in size.

Variation #3 – I pleated the thin horizontal strip and placed it under the photo mat rather than on top.
•••••••••••••••••••••

7 comments:

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these layouts, love love the sketch. How cool is that big star and all the fun strips of paper and goodies.

All of these are fun and colorful!!! Great job ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Virginia Nebel said...

Love the sketch and beautiful pages. TFS!

bakscrap said...

Love them all! Can't wait to see tomorrow's post!

connie said...

love the LO's, especially how it was stretched to 2pages.

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing job with the sketch, Ladies!! This one is so much fun!! Love both the single pagers and Michelle, you did a great job making it into a double pager!!

AndreaFriebus said...

Love these gorgeous layouts with their bright fun colors!

mustangkayla said...

Such a fun sketch and what adorable layouts!