Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two-page Week, Part 2

••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #24


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


“Winter Wonderland” by Sue Althouse

Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Journaling Tag, Sticker: Cosmo Cricket (Odds & Ends); Alphabet: American Crafts, Bella Blvd.; Tools: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Sew Easy; Stamp: Technique Tuesday; Ink: Hero Arts, Creative Memories; Other: black brads, black DMC floss

I really like the sketch as it is, so my alterations are minor. Since my photos are colorful and bold, I decided to go with more muted and simple color choices for my paper.

Variation #1 - Substituted one 4x6 photo for the three smaller photos.

Variation #2 - Altered the wavy pattern and cut the strips 2" tall.

Variation #3 - Inked the striped strips with brown chalk ink.

Variation #4 - Omitted the small journaling strips.

Variation #5 - Added brads to some of the holes in my scallop strip.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Summer Fun at the Lake" by Christine Chain
Supplies - patterned paper: Echo Park, Little Yellow Bicycle, Technique Tuesday; journaling block: Technique Tuesday; chipboard and cardstock stickers: Bella Blvd.; letter stickers: American Crafts; pen: Slickwriter by American Crafts

Variation #1 - It's not a winter layout! Ha! So far we've had a mild winter in northern California, so there hasn't been any snow to visit. However, the wave in the sketch reminded me of water, and I had plenty of lake photos from last summer so I played with those.

Variation #2 - Since it's a summer layout, I left off the snowflakes and used some fun journaling spots and chipboard accents instead.




 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Presents Galore" by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Pattern Paper: October Afternoon; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Stickers: October Afternoon; Tools: Fiskars Threading Water border punch; Floss: DMC; Alpha: Bella Blvd

Variations:

• I substituted circle embellishments for the snowflakes in the upper left corner.

• I added a matte around the entire layout.

• Because of the matte, I had to resize my photos. They are all 3.5 inches high and vary in width - the photos I wanted to use were vertical vs. horizontal so I used five on the left hand side vs. the two shown in the sketch. On the right hand side, I used two vertical photos and one horizontal photo to span the page. My large photo is 5.5 x 3.5.

• I layered my patterned paper with black cardstock
 •••••••••••••••••••••••••

6 comments:

dawn said...

I love that each sketch was a different theme, so fun to see them.

They all look great and the colors are wonderful for all of them.

Thanks ladies!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing how photos and colors can make one sketch look so different! All three are amazing!

Cherie said...

Fun layouts...I love those photos Sue!

Ashley Horton said...

These are all so fun! Love seeing the differences that come out of the same sketch!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Only day #2 and I am already so inspired.

Sue - I like how you added the brads to your border and the kraft background. Your photos are awesome.

Christine - Nice that you used a summer theme instead of the winter look. Looks like everyone is having fun. I miss summer.

Jill - Looks like someone had a great Christmas. Great layout.

LisiB said...

What a great sketch! I just finished my version of it!
http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/visitors-sketch-support.html