Monday, February 13, 2012

Add-on Week, Part 1

•••••••••••••••••
Add-on Sketch #14


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the add-on sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Love" by Penny Grimsley
Supplies - Patterned paper: Echo Park (Yours Truly), My Minds Eye (On the Bright Side); Alphabets: Silhouette Die Cutting Machine (Kerri Bradford Smitten set); Embellishments: Maya Road, Lasting Impressions, Melissa Frances; Twine: The Twinery; Ink: Jenni Bowlin; Stamp: Hero Arts; Heart Tray: The Paper Studio

I picked up this tray in late December and know Allison's February add-on would be perfect for one of the quadrants. The My Minds Eye paper arrived at just the right time to help me tone down the Valentine theme, so that I can keep the tray out year round. Kerri Bradford's subway art worked perfectly and some rosettes cut on the silhouette set off it and our picture.

Variation #1 - I used twine to stitch the rows of hearts and resized the add-on to fit one of the heart's quadrants.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 


"All You Need is Love" gift bag by Melissa Bell
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers; Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink; Corner Rounder: We R Memory Keepers; Floss: DMC; Tissue Paper: Hallmark; Hearts: Cricut; Other: Gift Bag

Variation #1 - Since I used the add-on on a gift bag I increased the sizes of the heart.
••••••••••••••••••••••••

8 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth Hallgren said...

What a beautiful shadow box Penny and such a cute gift bag...I'd never throw that one awa :) (deleted the other post because of typo:P)

Virginia Nebel said...

Beautiful projects Penny and Melissa!

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing projects Ladies!! Very creative use of the Add-On!! :)

GLOANN said...

Oh, I love both of these projects. The gift bag is lovely and I'm wanting to run to Hobby Lobby and get one of these heart trays to do. Like T.O.D.A.Y. I am wondering if the red rustic barn paper is MME or Echo Paper. I want some of it.

connie said...

great projects! love the bag.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I adore the bag...and I love the shadow box.

Cherie said...

Wow ladies...these are awesome!!