Friday, March 16, 2012

Two-page Week, Part 5

•••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #26


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"7 Theme Parks" by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Simple Stories; Alpha: Simple Stories; Tools: Fiskars Bracket border punch, Creative Memories circle cutting system; Other: Staz On Ink, Zig Writer pen

Variations

• The sketch has eight pattern paper blocks; I omitted one of them to have some space on the left hand side and for a total of seven pattern paper blocks.

• I used my blocks to put journaling and mini titles on.

• I mounted my title on a circle.

• I made my photos the same size as the pattern paper blocks for a total of seven.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


“Touch Football” by Sue Althouse
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Echo Park (This & That), My Mind's Eye (Follow Your Heart); Alphabet: Jillibean Soup (Corrugated Kraft Alphas), Echo Park (This & That); Inks, Mists: Creative Memories (Brown Chalking Ink); Tools: Creative Memories Square Punch; Stickers: Echo Park (Dots & Stripes), Element Stickers (orange sticker); Brads: Echo Park (This & That); Ribbon/Twine: My Mind's Eye (Follow Your Heart yellow twine), We Are Memory Keepers Sew Easy (orange floss)

With a row of photos spanning the layout, this sketch suggested a sequence of events to me. Along with the neutral and cool colors, I made sure to add pops of orange and yellow for energy. After all, this is a page about a football game!

Variation #1 - Made a one-page layout.

Variation #2 - Used four 3x3 photos.

Variation #3 - Added a banner border across the bottom.


Variation #4 - Replaced the rectangle pieces with one patterned paper strip.

Variation #5 - Moved the journaling to below the photos.

Variation #6 - Added more banners in the upper left corner.

Variation #7 - Stitched through the title.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


“You’re Amazing” by Carolyn Wolff
Supply List - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Simple Stories (Fabulous Collection); Stickers and Die-Cuts: Simple Stories (Fabulous Collection); Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Floss: DMC; Title: SVG File (Lori Whitlock); Brads: American Crafts

Variation #1 – I replaced the 6x4 photo and the first two rectangle pieces on the left page with a larger photo. I started with an 8x10 picture and cropped it to measure 5 ¾ x 8 ¾ inches.

Variation #2 – I added a few more embellishments to the rectangles across the top of my layout.

Variation #3 – I eliminated the 2x2 photos shown on the sketch and slid the 4x4 photo to the left of the right page. I added stickers between the photos along the bottom of the right page.

Variation #4 – I added a line of stitching along the top and the bottom of the pages.
••••••••••••••••••

4 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Jill...your layout with all the journaling is amazing and reminds me (a little) of Project Life.

Sue...I love your one pager and the striped paper cut into ribbons are amazing.

Carolyn...I think this is my new favorite by you....so very pretty.

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW for all 3 of you. Seriously love these ones and how you made it your own. I agree with what Lynette said on each one.

Cindy said...

I LOVE today's examples. Your DT glas rocked this sketch all week. Thanks ladies. :)

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing work Ladies!! I LOVE the Simple Stories collections on your layouts, Jill and Carolyn! And great job creating a one-pager Sue...love the stitching through the Jillibean allphas!