Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Card Week, Part 2

•••••••••••••••••
Card Sketch #18


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"What's Up?" by Penny Grimsley
Supply List - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup, My Minds Eye; Stamp: American Crafts; Embossing Ink: Versamark; Embossing Powder: Zing; Embellishments: Jillibean Soup, Doodlebug Designs

Variation #1 - I enlarged the background paper to allow more of the print to show.

Variation #2 - I eliminated the square block of paper and added a journaling die cut to bring together and ground the message and the telephone.


Variation #3 - I eliminated the stitching and the small embellishments, as I felt the paper prints were busy enough.

Variation #4 - I added a little bling to set off the message.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


“The Fruit of Our Labors” by Sue Althouse
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Alphabets, Stamps, Brads, Tags: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan); Alphabet: American Crafts Thickers; Inks, Mists: Creative Memories Black Chalking Ink; Tools: EK Success 3/4' circle punch; Ribbon/Twine: DMC black floss

I decided this card sketch would make a very nice scrapbook page!

Variation #1 - Adjusted the sizes to create a layout instead of a card.

Variation #2 - Added two more strips of patterned paper.

Variation #3 - Inked the edges of all the strips.

Variation #4 - Placed the background off-center.



  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Yodel-ay-ee-hoo" card by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Echo Park, October Afternoon; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Alpha: American Crafts (Thickers); Embellishments/stickers: Pink Paislee; Ink: Vibrance; Tools: Fiskars bracket border punch; Other: Cowgirl Jessie image from Google Images, pop dots; Font: DJB How Sweet Am I

Variations

• I used five vertical strips of paper and aligned them evenly vs. the 11, uneven strips the sketch depicts.

• I added a sub-title to the upper left embellishment.

• I didn't include stitching on my card.
•••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

OMG, these are so cute. Love love them all. The colors are great and that we get to use scraps/strips of paper is always my favorite.

Great job ladies!

Unknown said...

I'm loving the cards and the way the sketch was used on them but I have to say I am drooling over the pictures of all those peaches!!!

Ashley Horton said...

These are all so fun!! Penny I love the Jillibean on your card and Jill that Jessie card is so cute!! Sue, great job using the card sketch for your layout!!