Friday, May 25, 2012

One-page Week, Part 5 - Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker Product Challenge

•••••••••••••••••••••••

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar. 

It is time again for our Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker Product Challenge!

In case you missed the product challenge details, Nikki Sivils provided a collection kit to each member of our Creative Team. Each had the choice between the four newest collections - Noah, Audrey, Exit Here, and Messages. Together with the May sketches we will show you how using the same products and even the same sketches can produce so many different results.

They are also featuring our sketches this month on the Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker blog! You'll definitely want to go check out how their talented team used the sketches from our two newest books!

Since it is One-page Week, all of the projects posted today for the product challenge are based on the May one-page sketch.    


Messages Collection



"PS: I Love You" by Lynette Jacobs 
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed papers and embellishments: Nikki Sivils (Messages); Punches: Martha Stewart; Letter Stickers: American Craft (thickers); Other: twine and buttons

Variation #1: I die-cut the background ledger paper and pasted it onto Bazzill.

Variation #2: I die-cut all my strips to form layers.

Variation #3: I added buttons to my flags.


Variation #4: I punched hearts for the banner.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Goofy Granny Time" by Jennifer Larson 
Supply List - Patterned Paper and Die Cuts: Nikki Sivils; Letter Stickers: Lily Bee Design and October Afternoon; Baker's Twine: The Twinery; Pen: Zig; Brads: Craft Supply; Mist: Studio Calico

Variation #1 - I used horizontal photos instead of vertical; because it took more room, I eliminated the lower banner.


Variation #2 - To add greater dimension to the die cuts, I adhered several with dimensional stickers.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


“Fall Color” by Sue Althouse 
Supplies - All my supplies are from the Nikki Sivils Messages collection, except the following: Alphabets: American Crafts Thickers, October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers; Ribbon/Twine: We Are Memory Keepers floss; Other: miscellaneous buttons

One of the reasons I chose the Messages collection was the rich colors that remind me of my favorite season, autumn. I knew I would be doing some kind of fall project and here it is!

Variation #1 - Used one 6x4 photo and added layered matting.


Variation #2 - Ran the strips all the way across the page and omitted the sewing.

Variation #3 - Added patterned paper to the bottom of the page.

Variation #4 - Added buttons to the banners.


Variation #5 - Omitted the butterfly embellishments.

Variation #6 - Changed the banner in the upper right corner to a smaller tab.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Audrey Collection


"Spoiled at Nana and Papa's" by Christy Arthur 
Supply List - Patterned Paper: Nikki Sivils (Audrey's Tablecloth, Audrey's Planner, Audrey Meets Harlo, Audrey's Showercap, Audrey's Handbag); Embellishments: Nikki Sivils (Audrey Die Cut), October Afternoon (Mini Market Ledger), Love My Tapes Washi (Gold Airmail), Bella Blvd Washi (Yellow Chevron); Stamps: My Minds Eye (Happy Days and Everyday Fun), 7 Gypsies (Par Avion); Tools: EK Success Circle Border Punch

Variation #1: I added some additional patterned paper behind the photos.

Variation #2: I added some embellishments and stamps along the bottom of the layout.


Variation #3: I made a small garland in the right corner using my the circle border punch.


Variation #4: My two photographs are lined up straight across instead of offset like the sketch.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Girl's Day Out" by Ashley Horton 
Supply List - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper and Stickers: Nikki Sivils; Spray Mist: Smooch Spritz and October Afternoon; Thickers: American Crafts; Font: CK Girl; Punch: Anna Griffin; Doilies: Hobby Lobby; Pom Pom Trim: Wright's; Buttons: Michael's; Edgers: Provo Craft; Mini Clothes Pin: Canvas Corp; Punch: Marvy

Variation #1 - I used one 4x6 photo, in place of the the two 3x4 photos.


Variation #2 - I added border strips at the top and bottom of the page, along with a doily embellishment.

Variation #3 - I used a pennant banner, in place of the scalloped banner at the top of the page.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Exit Here Collection
••••••••••••••

"In Our Book, U are No. 1 DAD Extraordinaire" by Virginia Nebel 
Supply list - Patterned paper: Nikki Sivils; Embellishments: The Twinery

Variation #1 - Instead of a 12 x 12 page I created a square card. I used one large element in the middle to mimic a book cover. I used different alphas to create the long message sentiment.

Variation #2 - Substituted button die-cuts and twine for the banners along the bottom.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

 Noah Collection


“My Pocket Size Car” by Andrea Friebus 
Supply listPatterned paper, stickers, die cuts: Nikki Sivils (Noah collection); ink: Clearsnap; brads: Making Memories

Variation #1 - My photos are different sizes than the ones in the sketch—mine are 5.5”x4” and 3.5”x2.5”. I’m not a fan of tilting my photos so I kept them straight and did not mat them.

Variation #2 - I added two more background patterned papers for color, and I liked how they helped create the look of a frame for the layout.

Variation #3 - The red title stickers didn’t show up well against the red background so I included a circle of paper in a contrasting color to place the title on.

Variation #4 - Instead of banner pieces along the bottom, I used the pockets cut from the patterned paper and extended them across the page.

Variation #5 - Rather than using butterflies as embellishments, I used stars and added some brads.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Loads of Fun" by Janette Kincaid
Supplies - Patterned paper, cut outs, die cut, alphas: Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Floss: DMC; Adhesive: Glue Arts, Helmar; Unknown: foamcore, sanding block

I don’t have little boys of my own, so when I’m looking to create ‘boy’ pages I look through photos I’ve got of my nephews. These ones of Cameron playing trucks at the park were perfect for the Noah line from Nikki Sivils.

Variation #1 - I replaced the banner trim in the sketch with the pocket banner from the cut out sheet in the collection. I raised this up on foam core to add depth.

Variation #2 – I removed the journal area and replaced it with a truck and car cut from the same sheet as above.


Variation #3 – I relocated the title to the bottom left.


Variation #4 – Rather than adding the second banner at the top of the layout I added an embellishment cluster including a journal box, a die cut ticket and scraps of patterned paper.

Variation #5 – I added a border of stitching and patterned paper to hold my layout together and help ‘ground’ it.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Meeting Lightning McQueen and Mader" by Jill Sarginson 
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Nikki Sivils (Noah paper collection); Alpha: Nikki Sivils (Noah collection); Ink: Vibrance; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Tools: Creative Memories star punch, Fiskars scallop border punch

Variations:

•  I used a horizontal photo and vertical vs. two vertical photos.

• I did not include the banner.

• I added two vehicles as embellishments
••••••••••••••••••••

4 comments:

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW LADIES, THESE ARE ALL AMAZING AMAZING LAYOUTS AND PROJECT. TOTALLY LOVED THEM ALL, THE COLORS, THEMES, BANNERS, TRIMS. EACH OF YOUR ROCKED THE SKETCH!!!

Amanda said...

These are great layouts! I especially love the ones made with the Noah collection--that collection is adorable!

Ashley Horton said...

TONS of awesome layouts Ladies!! What a great way to end up the product swap with Nikki!!

Plastic cards said...

Nice colors! and really enjoying stuff keep it up.