Thursday, May 24, 2012

One-page Week, Part 4

•••••••••••••••••••••••

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar. 


"Puppy Kisses Are Best" by Katrina Hunt 
Supplies - Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye (Dolled Up Collection); Die Cuts and Stickers: My Mind’s Eye (Dolled Up Collection); Cardboard and Chipboard: Basically Bare; Flair: A Flair for Buttons Etsy shop; Adhesives: Scotch, Fabri-Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives; Tags: Elle’s Studio; Twine: The Twinery; Brads: My Mind’s Eye (Dolled Up); Lettering for Title: American Crafts and October Afternoon

Variation 1 - Moved the pictures over.


Variation 2 - Made one big banner piece and extended it up further.

Variation 3 - No journaling, I inserted my title where the journaling should have been.


Variation 4 - Added a bigger layer and an additional layer going up the one banner piece.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Egg Hunt" by Christy Arthur 
Supply List - Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Paper Heart Delivery, Pretty Party Streamers, Story Teller Archives, Journey, Peppermint Ski Lodge), Studio Calico (Classic Calico Folio, Autumn Press Frolic), October Afternoon (Sidewalks Marbles); Embellishments: Crate Paper (Pretty Party Border Stickers, Story Teller Phrase Stickers), Studio Calico (Mister Huey Piglet, Stamps), October Afternoon (Mini Market Stickers Black and Cream), Love my tapes (White Dots on Pink), Martha Stewart (Doily Punch), Elle's Studio (Lil' Snippets Date)

Variation #1: I used one photo instead of the two shown in the sketch.

Variation #2: I flipped the locations of the photo and the banner, leaving the garland and title in the same place as the sketch.


Variation #3: I stacked two banners on top of each other and stitched them down the middle.

Variation #4: I added some additional strips of paper and tape behind the photo and along the lower part of the layout.

Variation #5: I added some drops of mist and little pieces of confetti in the top, left corner of the layout.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Berry Good" by Ashley Horton 
Supply List - Patterned Paper, Ruffled Paper, and Thickers: American Crafts; Spray Mist: Smooch Spritz and October Afternoon; 6x6 Template: The Crafter's Workshop; Baker's Twine: The Twinery; Brads: Bazzill; Flag: Bella Blvd.; Wood Flourishes: Kaisercraft; Punch: Marvy; Other: Buttons and Staples

Variation #1 - My photos are sized to 3.5x5, instead of 3x4.

Variation #2 - I added a large die cut flower, in place of the half banner at the top right hand side of the page.

Variation #3 - My title is located further to the top of the page, since my photos are a little larger than the size on the sketch.

Variation #4 - I used ruffled paper across my page for the border strips and added a fussy cut jar embellishment next to the journaling area.


Variation #5 - I added an embellishment cluster to the bottom corner of the photo on the left hand side of the page.

 ••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

What great takes on the sketch today ladies, I enjoyed them all!!

Ashley Horton said...

Katrina, I love the way you arranged your photos on this layout and the heart with the camera pin is so cute! Christy, great job taking the sketch to one photo and I love all of the paper strips you used!!

Laurel Geisbush said...

Beautiful layouts ladies! I love, love the colors used here!

Katrina-yes, puppy kisses are the BEST and so sweet smelling!

Christy-love the paper/pattern choices from that beautiful crate paper line!

Ashley-what a great jar of berries! The tissue paper gives it such a softer look. Great job.