Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two-page Week, Part 2

••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #28


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"BBQ" by Suzanna Lee 
Supply List - Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: Pink Paislee; Tickets: Jenni Bowlin, Maya Road; Tags: Prims, Jenni Bowlin; Die Cuts: CosmoCricket (doily), Maya Road (owl); Clip: Basic Grey; Flowers: Prima, Buzz and Bloom; Brad and Chipboard: My Minds Eye; Bling: Bella Boulevard

Variation 1: I omitted the smaller pictures. I typically crop and edit all my pictures so finding anything that I can cut that small is always a challenge for me. Instead of pictures, I used embellishments in those spots.

Variation 2: My title and journaling are flip flopped. I also opted to handstitch around the title/journaling block.

Variation 3: No stars along the bottom but I did use bling instead.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Sneak Attack" by Michele Edwards 
Supplies - Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned paper: Basic Grey; Embellishments: Paw prints and collar - Jolees, Flags - Bella Blvd; Alphabets: Cricut (Plantin Schoolbook); Flower Brads: unknown: Ink: Tim Holz: Grass: Cut with Die-namics

I love this sketch! I stuck to the sketch except for a few minor variations.

Variations:

1. I narrowed the background blocks by an inch, to create a white border all around the layout.

2. I combined the two 4x6 photos into one 4x8 on the left page.

3. Instead of stars, I used grass die cuts and inserted flower brads randomly across the bottom.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Pup Pup Pillow" by Ashley Horton 
Supply list - Cardstock: BoBunny; Patterned Paper: Bella!; Thickers: American Crafts; Font: Eurostyle; Acrylic Paint: Apple Barrel; Decorative Tape: K&Company; Brads: The Paper Studio; Mini Round Gems: Recollections; Baker's Twine: The Twinery; Punch: Marvy

Variation #1 - I used the left-hand side of the sketch.

Variation #2 - I added some painted and punched circles to the background.

Variation #3 - I added border strips at the top and bottom of the page.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Kindy Concert" by Suzanna Lee 
Supply List - Cardstock: Coredinations; Patterned paper and die cuts: Basic Grey; Letter stickers: American Crafts, Websters; Wooden Frame: Kaiser Crafts; Bling: Recollections; Banner: Heidi Swapp; Trim: Maya Road

Variation 1: I didn't use the smaller size pictures, again.

Variation 2: The title and journaling are flip flopped. With the flowers on the patterned paper, the journaling worked better above with the title below.

Variation 3: Instead of the stars, I used the pleated Maya Road trim. I love how it creates the "curtain" of the stage that my daughter is performing on.


Variation 4: The banner above is an addition to the sketch. Just a little element to emphasize the fun and festivity of the occasion.
••••••••••••••••••••••••

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love your two awesome pages Suzanna and those puppies look like they are having so much fun, in your photos Michele!! Great work, Ladies!

Amanda said...

All of these are great! I especially love the concert page with that great pleated ribbon and the frame around your little girl! So very cute!