Saturday, March 26, 2011

One-Page Week, Part 6 - Guest Designer

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Today we've got a beautiful layout full of fun little details from our Guest Designer, Megan Bickers. She also shares a really simple and really cool way to layer stamped images. 

One-page Sketch #4

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.




"Evidence of the Love You Two Share" by Megan Bickers
Supplies Used - Cardstock: Close to My Heart (white); Patterned Papers: Cosmo Cricket (Circa 1934: Chaplin, Garbo, Bette, Elements, and 6x6 pad); Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Ali Edwards), EK Success (Image Tree Alphabet, Antique Typewriter), and Office Date Stamp; Inks: Ranger Distress Inkpads (Antique Linen, Barn Door) and Uchida (Marvy Matchables Black Inkpad); Marker: Zig; Punches: EK Success (heart), Carla Craft Binding System (Square Holes Punch), and We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper); Embellishments: American Crafts (Sweet - Love Tomato Glossy Chipboard Alphabet Stickers)

Photos: four photos total used.

• Instead of using a horizontal 4x6 photo, I used a vertical 4x6 for the main photo.

• I used three photos instead of four in the strip along the right side of the layout.

• I added stamped journaling words between the smaller photos.


• I turned the right side strip into a photo negative strip with punches.

Title:

• I used the journaling area next to the title for a longer stamped subtitle on my layout.



• I added my journaling in strips on the left side of the main photo.


• I changed the right side journaling strips into a tab with the date.


• I added a larger tab along the bottom of the main photo with a stamped saying.


• I stamped the saying in red ink, then went back, cleaned my stamp off, and used a marker to ink up the bottom words in black. Then I stamped those words on a white piece of cardstock and cut them out in strips and glued them down over the original stamped image.

Embellishments:

• My main embellishment was a printed image of a typewriter that I cut from a pattern paper.

• I used small punched hearts to accent my layout.

• Covered up the word " love" on the typewriter image with one of the hearts.

• I edged the outside of the layout with a black inkpad and sponge.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

Crystal said...

oh what sweet pictures of the kiddos! Great job on everything, I love that little typewriter!

Anonymous said...

Love all your little details! Great LO!

Michelle McClure said...

I love this vintage style paired with modern, funny photos, usually it is reserved for old or serious photos. Thanks for all the tips on using stamps, I forget to use them on layout. I love all the details and how it turned out.