Friday, June 17, 2011

Add-on Week, Part 5

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Add-on Sketch #6


 You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the add-on sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"What We Love the Most About You" by Allison Davis
Supplies - Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye and Studio Calico; Cardstock: Coredinations; Alphabets: American Crafts, BasicGrey, and Making Memories; Die cut: My Mind's Eye; Sticker: My Mind's Eye

*See the little chipboard heart on the right page next to the journaling? That's so not suppose to be on the layout! It somehow sneaked onto the layout when I was taking the pictures. How in the world did I not notice that!? Or at least notice it during the day so I could snap another picture!

Every year for Father's Day the boys help me make something for their dad. This year we went with a layout and the boys picked out the pictures and contributed a list of the things they love most about their dad for the journaling. I thought the argyle pattern would be a perfect element to add to the layout.

Instead of creating an embellishment out of the add-on sketch, I decided to create a pattern on a large square of paper.


I had some help from a diamond cardstock from Coredinations in creating my argyle pattern. I sanded the diamonds so they would stand out a little more and then simply added hand stitching across them to finish the look.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Soar" by Amy Roller
Supplies - Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; Cardstock: Stampin Up!; Embellishments: My Mind's Eye; Border punch: EK Success

I had a little trouble deciding what to do with this add-on. I don't do many cards and it seemed more card friendly so I decided to use the overall diamond theme and make my own background paper design.


 I cut strips of striped paper and layed them out to make the shape I wanted and used it as the background to my page. I didn't use a sketch for this one, just played with it till I could fit all my pictures in and still see the background around them all.


 I added clouds and used a border punch to create a "windlike" movement across the page.

 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my little layout and awful pics look so sad next to your page Allison! LOL I love your LO and the embossed paper!

COScraps said...

Seems like I am always saying this...Love them! I don't think there has really been one LO or card I haven't liked since this site started!. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Robbie said...

These are both great! Allison, I am wild about the way you did the pattern!! Such a great look!!!