Two-page Sketch #16
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.
"Simple Moments" by Christy Arthur
Products - Bazzill: Cardstock; Studio Calico: Bubbles and Herringbone Stamps, Elementary Fabrips, Fly By Paper, Countryside Die Cuts and Barn Swallow paper, Orange Die Cut Stickers, Mister Huey in Orchard, Piglet and Lemonade; Woodgrain Tweets Rub ons; Jenni Bowlin: Seed Packet and Lemon Drops Ink; Hambly: Washi Tape; The Girls Paperie: Jubilee; Echo Park: Ornaments; Basic Grey: Hopscotch Hop; Fancy Pants: It's the Little Things Strips; Crate Paper: Emma's Shoppe Phrases; Elle's Studio: Handmade Layers Journaling Tags
• I used the left side of the two page sketch for my one page layout.
• Instead of a 6x4 photo, I used two smaller photos.
• Instead of the vertical strips of paper, I used strips of paper that I cut into banners.
• I added a second horizontal strip of paper across the page.
• I flipped the location of the title and flowers on my page.
• I misted the background color of the flowers and then added small paper hearts to make the petals. Then I outlined the flower and each petal.
I also stamped the stem in green and then added some washi tape over the bottom part of the stem.
• I added strips of paper that I stamped with the bubble stamp along the bottom of the layout which is different from the sketch.
• I added little bird rub-ons instead of butterflies.
• My journaling is behind hidden, which is different from the sketch.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
"Surfs Up" by Suzanna Lee
Supplies - Patterned paper: Best Creations, BoBunny, Quick Quotes, SEI; Bling: Prima; Alpha Stickers: American Crafts; Other: DMC Floss
• I only used the left hand side of the sketch
• I added another background layer for some added pizazz.
• Instead the strip across the center of the page I used some Prima bling to mimic the waves that my son was riding.
• The title is in a different spot in order to not cover up the cool surf boards.