Friday, June 10, 2011

Two-Page Week, Part 5

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #16


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Simple Moments" by Christy Arthur
Products - Bazzill: Cardstock; Studio Calico: Bubbles and Herringbone Stamps, Elementary Fabrips, Fly By Paper, Countryside Die Cuts and Barn Swallow paper, Orange Die Cut Stickers, Mister Huey in Orchard, Piglet and Lemonade; Woodgrain Tweets Rub ons; Jenni Bowlin: Seed Packet and Lemon Drops Ink; Hambly: Washi Tape; The Girls Paperie: Jubilee; Echo Park: Ornaments; Basic Grey: Hopscotch Hop; Fancy Pants: It's the Little Things Strips; Crate Paper: Emma's Shoppe Phrases; Elle's Studio: Handmade Layers Journaling Tags

• I used the left side of the two page sketch for my one page layout.

• Instead of a 6x4 photo, I used two smaller photos.

• Instead of the vertical strips of paper, I used strips of paper that I cut into banners.

• I added a second horizontal strip of paper across the page.


• I flipped the location of the title and flowers on my page.

• I misted the background color of the flowers and then added small paper hearts to make the petals. Then I outlined the flower and each petal.


I also stamped the stem in green and then added some washi tape over the bottom part of the stem.

• I added strips of paper that I stamped with the bubble stamp along the bottom of the layout which is different from the sketch.

• I added little bird rub-ons instead of butterflies.

• My journaling is behind hidden, which is different from the sketch.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Surfs Up" by Suzanna Lee
Supplies - Patterned paper: Best Creations, BoBunny, Quick Quotes, SEI; Bling: Prima; Alpha Stickers: American Crafts; Other: DMC Floss

• I only used the left hand side of the sketch
• I added another background layer for some added pizazz.
• Instead the strip across the center of the page I used some Prima bling to mimic the waves that my son was riding.


• The title is in a different spot in order to not cover up the cool surf boards.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

2 comments:

dawn said...

Christy I love love love your page. The flowers are so awesome and fun. Totally going to copy this idea if you don't mind. The banner is so cute too. Way to go.

Suzanne, WOW that photo is amazing, how do you get such a great shot of that. I love the colors and love love the bling you added. Way to go.

Sue Althouse said...

The LH side of the sketch makes an awesome 1-page layout! Great job, ladies!