Add-on Sketch #7
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the add-on sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.
"The Eh? Team" by Carolyn Wolff
Supply List - Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye, Jillibean Soup, Karen Foster; Cardstock: Bazzill; Silver Star Stickers: Stampendous; Number Stickers: October Afternoon; Star Die-cuts: Die-namics (My Favourite Things); Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Vintage Photo; Mist: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Brick Red); Floss/Bakers Twine: DMC, Twinery; Gemstones: Me & My Big Ideas, Heidi Swapp; Digital Image: Graphicat Designs (for title); Tools: Sew Easy
I was really stumped with this sketch. I decided to make my ‘fireworks’ on white squares and then matted them with black and red cardstock. I spent a bunch of time on this layout (not really accomplishing much) and then all of a sudden it just came together.
Here are my tips for this layout:
• Tip #1 – To make my version of the fireworks, I followed the directions that were provided and used a 1 ½ inch circle. I lightly penciled the design first and then did my stitching and added the gemstones.
• Tip #2 – I applied red mist to my white background to give it some colour (this is my new thing). To get the larger ‘splats’ of mist, I removed the nozzle from the bottle and flicked it onto the paper.
• Tip #3 – I added stitching to the red star paper and the striped strips. I used the zig zag tip for the Sew Easy tool to do the border on the striped paper. It pierced the holes for me and made it really easy to sew. I used a ruler and pierced a hole every ¼ inch for the border around the star paper.
I also added a stitch to all of the large stars on my background. It is a little hard to see but if you squint your eyes and put your face really close to your monitor you might get a glimpse.
• Tip #4 – I had a hard time deciding what to use for a title on this layout. I was so excited when I found this digital image that Graphicat Designs was giving away as a freebie on their blog. It was perfect! I printed it out once on the white cardstock for the base, once on the dot paper (and then cut out the ‘Eh?) and once more on red cardstock (for the flag). I popped up the dot paper and the red cardstock to create dimension.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
"Summer 2011" by Tammy Volland
Supplies - Digital Kit by: Nibbles Skribbles / Summer Nights; Software: Photoshop CS3
This was a picture I took one afternoon at the Lake. I used the One Page Sketch #1. I added drop shadows to all objects. On the titles I beveled them at the preset settings.