Saturday, August 6, 2011

Card Week, Part 6 - Guest Designer

•••••••••••••••

Card Sketch #10

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Happy Birthday Cupcake" card by Mary Bezdicek
Supplies used - Paper and stickers: Echo Park (Summer Days); Embroidery floss: We R Memory Keepers; Stickles: Ranger (Diamond Dust); Bazzill: Cardstock; Ink: Clear Snap; Other: Cricket Design Studio and Lacy Labels Cartridge

Variations

• For this card I eliminated the square card base and used the scallop circle for the base. To accomplish this, I used my Design Studio to weld two scallop circles together. I then layered all of the pieces of my cut out on top of the base. If any of you would like the cut file I made for this contact me at my blog.

• I then stitched around the inner edge of the circle and left enough floss to tie a bow.


• The cupcake wrapper I ran my cardstock thru my corrugater to give the wavy effect that you have with a real cupcake wrapper. I then inked to the top of the ridges to give a little dimension.

• Instead of circles, I used clouds from a boarder that came with the paper, layer two of them and added Stickles for the icing.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Cupcake" card by Mary Bezdicek
Supplies used - Paper: Echo Park (Summer Days); Ribbon: American Crafts; Bazzill: Cardstock; Punches: Marvy Scallop and Circle Punches; Glitter: Doodlebug; Ink: Clear Snap; Other: Sizzix Texture Boutique and Cuttlebug Polka dots embossing folder.

Variations

• For the base I ran the purple Echo Park paper thru my Texture Boutique using the Cuttlebug Polka dots embossing folder. Once the paper was embossed, I sanded it down for contrast.

• I shrunk down the scallop circle and made it by punching a circle smaller than the scallop punch. Then I centered the punched out circle in the scallop punch and punched the scallop.


• The cupcake wrapper I ran my cardstock thru my corrugater to give the wavy effect that you have with a real cupcake wrapper. I then inked to the top of the ridges to give a little dimension.

• I used a small circle punch to create the layers of frosting.

• For the sprinkles, I made dots with a glue pen and coated it with Doodlebug pink glitter.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, fun, tasty cards!

dawn said...

what yummy colorful cards these are. great job on both of them.

connie said...

cute cards! love the stitching.