Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One-Page Week, Part 3

•••••••••••••••••••••••

One-page Sketch #12


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Feeling Corny" by Suzanna Lee
Supplies - Cardstock: Coredinations, Bazzill; Patterned Paper: My Little Shoebox, Pebbles Inc; Chipboard: Maya Road; Paint: Ranger; Punch: EK Success; Alpha Stickers: Basic Grey, American Crafts

I omitted the second 4x6 picture in favor of some of the fun pattern on the paper showing. This enabled me to have more room for the title and journaling which I moved to the right hand side of the page.


I also chose to use one picture and an embellishment instead of the three 2x2's. I cut the corn husks from one corn, crumbled them up and inked them before adhering them directly over the same husks underneath. Adds a little dimension to the corn.


I matted the layout as well, which isn't done in the sketch; seems like I've been matting all of my layouts lately.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Broken" by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup; Tools: Close to my Heart edge distresser; Ink: Vibrance: Letters: American Crafts; Embellishments: Fix Me Up Doc digital kit by Kristin Aagard

For this sketch, I shrunk my two main photos down to 3.5x5 and then shrunk the entire sketch by adding in an extra background layer. I printed my journaling on kraft cardstock and then adhered it to the kraft layer. My embellishments were printed, mounted onto cardstock and then pop dotted to make them pop off the page.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Happy Boys" by Shari Thurman
Supply List - Patterned Paper, buttons, Cardstock stickers, Miscellany: October Afternoon; Baker's Twine: The Twinery; Alphabets: American Crafts; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Cardstock: American Crafts; Other: Sewing machine

I was so excited to use this sketch as a starting point for my layout. I keep all the measurements of the paper the same, but added 1-1/2 x 11 strips of paper to the top and bottom for additional layering. I kept my photos in the same location. The company I use to print my photo does a great job, but the photos aren't the full 6" wide. They are about 5-3/4" instead. Since I was given this challenge, I cropped about 1/2" off the ends and positioned them to the left and then filled in the space with a lucky card from the October Afternoon Miscellany pack, a star and a few buttons.

I loved the cute title banner on the sketch. I used the sticker pennants from this collection and stitched across the top as the sketch suggested.


I then added my chipboard alphas and stitched through them several times.

I replace the three smaller photos with one larger photo and embellished with a sticker tag threaded with twine and a journal spot.


I also added a ruler sticker toward the bottom.

I finished the layout by adding machine stitching and journal strips.

"Cooper was only 16-1/2 months when Jackson was born. I was worried that he was going to be forced to grow up too soon and not be allowed to be a baby. People told me they would be buddies growing up and not to worry. He was so sweet loving on the baby. Three sweet babies."

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Thanks" card by Shari Thurman
Supply List - Patterned Paper and Miscellany: October Afternoon; Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink and Ranger Distress Ink; alphabet: Cosmo Cricket Tiny Types; Other: Sewing machine and Cardstock

This card was inspired by the banner and the stitching from the sketch. I cut pennants from various pattern papers, inked the edges and attached them to the top of the card.


I then sewed around the card and stitched three lines across the top. I centered and attached my image using 3D adhesive and placed my sentiment in the lower corner.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Guatemala" by Melissa Elsner
Supplies - Patterned Paper, Alphabet: American Crafts; Flocked Pattern Paper: My Minds Eye; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper; Flower: Prima Marketing; Butterfly stickers, Charms: Pink Paislee; Chipboard branch: Scrap FX

Variation #1: I kept with the overall measurements when it came to this sketch when it came to the patterned paper elements. I liked the base it provided for my layout.

Variation #2: I took out the other 4x6 photo and replaced it with three smaller photos. The three smaller photos are sized to the sizes of the three small photos on the sketch.

Variation #3: Instead of a banner, I used the branch and the flower to anchor that side of the layout and then simply placed a butterfly sticker in the bottom right to help balance.

Variation #4: Not using the full 4x6 photo area for photos freed it up to include a title and to add a pop of color with the green patterned paper.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

Everyone did a great job with this sketch, love them

connie said...

I agree with Dawn! Great job..love all the layers and stitching.

COScraps said...

Great job!