Monday, August 8, 2011

Two-Page Week, Part 1

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Two-page Sketch #18


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Whale Watching" by Lynette Jacobs
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed paper: Websters Pages, Yacht Club; Trims:Websters, Yacht Club; (sun) doily: Websters; Sun Rays: Bazzill die cuts; Felties: Sassafras Lass; Letters: Websters Yacht club; Droplets: Kaiser Scrapbook; Other: DMC cotton

• I followed the sketch closely. I replaced the vertical strips along the three photos on the right side with the red and white Websters trim.

• I made a sun be using the Websters doily and some Bazzill die cuts as the sunrays.


• I used a Prima swirl to get the outlines for the swirl and then did some hand sewing, adding the droplets.


• I cut the whale from some of the Websters printed paper.

• I have had the little fish and whale felties in my stash for ages and this was the right time to use them.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"We're in Jamaica Man!" by Tammy Volland

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •



"Sunshine and Summertime" by Christina Hoffman
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: Fancy Pants Designs; Alphabets: Doodlebug Designs
(Sunshine) and Thickers (& and Summertime); Fish: Fancy Pants Designs; Craft wire: Unknown; Jewels: Kaisercraft; Floss: DMC; Glitter: Stickles

Variation #1: Instead of using three 6 x 4 photos I used a one 2 x 4, two 4 x 6 photos, and three 2 x 2 photos.

Variation #2: Instead of using large waves I created a pole with a spot that shoots water out since that is what the boys loved most about the Aquatic Center.
••••••••••••••••••••••

11 comments:

dawn said...

These look great, love the suns on them. Great sketch to use lots of pictures too.

Kathy said...

Oh all three layouts are fantastic, though I think I love "Whale watching" most-maybe it's because of the photos!! These layouts rock!

Jennifer Larson said...

Oh, Lynette, I love your stitched whale spout! Great work, ladies.

Allison Davis said...

Lynette, that stitching is amazing and what a great tip to use the Prima flourishes as a guide!! Great layouts today! :)

Christel said...

I absolutely love this sketch and it will perfect when I go to scrap all those swimming lessons photos. Also love all the layouts shown today. Especially love that beautiful stitched flourish.

Luv2talk said...

I think Allison started the whole world stitching. Everyone is ROCK'n it but me. LOL!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Love the details on all of them. Christina the spout is adorable!

Amanda said...

I love these layouts! I have been obsessed with your sketches lately--they are giving me so much inspiration!!!

connie said...

I love the amount of pictures this sketch has! Great job everyone.

The Mancilla Family said...

Perfect summer LO! I just finished my Dunn's River Falls LO too! Very fun!

Amy said...

Lynette, Love that sun, those whales and spout! So great! Christina, that spout is a great way to change it up! Great job to all the ladies!