Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Add-on Week, Part 3

••••••••••••••
Add-on Sketch #9

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the add-on sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Picture Perfect" by Christy Arthur
Products - Bazzill: Cardstock; Crate Paper: Emma's Shoppe Playhouse and Phrase Stickers, Portrait
Bridesmaids; My Minds Eye: Lime twist Fly a Kite Spring Zag; Studio Calico: Mister Huey Orchard, Countryside Barn Swallow; Sassafras: Mix and Mend Fancy Free; October Afternoon: Mini Market Stickers Ledger and Black and Cream

I used the camera as an accent on a layout layered with similar colors.


My camera is slightly larger than the sketch camera {about 4-1/2" x 3"}. I added three small strips of contrasting paper for decoration, slightly off center on the camera. I added some contrasting mist (applying it more like paint) around the large lens circle and another contrasting wood grain circle to the smaller circle. I cut out a viewfinder and applied some contrasting paper behind it and added the same paper for the flash.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Self Portrait" by Suzanna Lee
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon; Stickers: Jillibean Soup; Circle Tags: Ormolu; Film Strip: Tim Holtz; Alpha Stickers: October Afternoon, Heidi Grace, Sketch: Scrapbook Generation/Allison Davis; Stamp: Unity; Ink: Colorbox

I made the camera bigger and chose to leave the "flash" off. I popped the "lens" and put the Jillibean camera sticker in the center. Otherwise, viola! Your camera!



  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Mini Album" by Shari Thurman
Supply List - Patterned Paper, Flip Notes, Cardstock stickers and alphabets: Pink Paislee; Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink; Tools: Crop-A-Dile by We R Memory Keepers: Other: Machine Stitching

I have a really bad habit of printing off several copies of my favorite photos of my boys with good intentions of framing some and giving others to their grandparents. This leaves me with a lot of extra photos. I used this weeks sketch to create a mini album for all those extra favorite photos I have of my youngest son Jackson.

I used a collection of Flip Notes by Pink Paislee for the base of my mini album. I removed and measured the acrylic cover so that I would know what size to make my camera. I adjusted the add-on sketch measurements to fit my album, inked the edges and added decorative stitching. I punched holes in the bottom of my camera and added the camera and acrylic cover back in the mini album.

I placed my photos on the pages and added cardstock stickers and alphabets to embellish the pages.


••••••••••••••

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shari what a brilliant idea! I have a similar "affliction" (LOL) and think that's just the solution!

Amy said...

Christy, love the colors you chose for your camera/LO, it remind me of the 60's/70's pics my mom has..she would have fun making a those pages
!
Suzanna, love the rolled paper like film!

Shari, That album is so cute..great idea!

dawn said...

These were all great ladies. The little mini album is a cute idea!!

COScraps said...

Very Nice....the mini album is a great idea!

Carolyn Wolff said...

This week continues to amaze me. I just love, love this sketch.

Chrisi - Great layout. You camera turned out great and I love the misting you added to your page.

Suzanna - Awesome job! You camera is so cool. I love the papers you chose and that circle of journaling is a great idea.

Shari - Your project is so clever. What a great way to use up your favourite photos. The camera is a great cover!