Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One-page Week, Part 2

•••••••••••
One-page Sketch #14


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Strike a Pose" by Lynette Jacobs
Supply List - patterned paper: Bo Bunny Press, Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon; banner stickers: October Afternoon; letter stickers: American Crafts; ink: Versa Magic; flowers: Prima; Trim: Fancy Pants and Prima; brads: Upikit; Punch: Martha Stewart.

Variation 1: I did not use three 4x6 blocks. I used a 6x12 piece of printed paper.

Variation 2: I used two 5x3.5 photos.

Variation 3: I added a punched border and lace to separate the photos and make them stand out.

Variation 4: I placed my title down the side of the printed paper.

Variation 5: I replaced the one strip of paper with a scalloped felt trim.

Variation 6: I added a row of flowers down the side of the photos.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"First Subway Ride" by Katrina Hunt
Supplies - Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Amy Tangerine Collection); Cardstock: American Crafts; Die Cut Embellishments: American Crafts (Amy Tangerine Collection); Journaling Tag: Maya Road; Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. (Just Circles) and Amy Tangerine; Adhesives: Scotch ATG, Fabri Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives; Punches: Martha Stewart; Chipboard Letters: American Crafts Thickers; Stapler: Tim Holtz Stapler; Stitching: Machine

Variation 1 - Pictures centered across more, instead of clustered.

Variation 2 - Added the stamped embellishments to the right side.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"2 Blessings" by Christy Arthur
Products - Bazzill: Kraft Cardstock; Studio Calico: Shortbread, Homefront Dollhouse, Mister Huey Orchard and Pony; October Afternoon: Report Card Story Hour, Schoolhouse flash cards, Thrift Shop Word Stickers; Crate Paper: Portrait Bridesmaids, Journal Card; Emma's Shoppe Inventory, Trims, Phrase Stickers; My Minds Eye: Lime Twist Fly a Kite Spring Zag, Stella and Rose Gertie Little One Stickers; Hero Arts: Typewriter Stamps; Ranger: Adirondack Black Ink

I used two 3x3 photos in my layout.

In my layout, the top banner is shortened and uses a ribbon on top.


I moved the title to the side and layered my photos in the middle with a small word sticker and a date sticker. These layer over two different types of square patterned paper, similar to the sketch.

I added a hidden journal card instead of the journal strips.


I added some mist under the title.


I centered an alternate strip of patterned paper over another strip of patterned paper on the left side of the layout.
•••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

dawn said...

WOW each of you did a great job on the sketch.

Suzanna said...

Lynette; I love that picture! Need to steal that idea!

Katrina; sigh, miss the Chicago "L"! Great layout!

Christy; the hidden journaling and splash of mist are fantastic!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Lynette - What an awesome layout. The flower border and half circle banner are great. Love those umbrellas in your photos too.

Katrina - Love all the details on your layout. Very creative use of the Amy Tangerine collection!

Christy - Wow! I really like the lace trim you used with your banner. Excellent job with this sketch.