Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Card Week, Part 2

••••••••••••••••
Card Sketch #14


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Merry Christmas" by Allison Davis
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: Fancy Pants; Punch: Martha Stewart; Stamp: American Crafts; Jewels: KaiserCraft; Baker's twine: The Twinery; Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink

Variation #1 - Instead of using a star for the top of the tree I used a decorative circle accented with jewels.

Variation #2 - I love to stitch and it's not often that I pass on the chance to add it to a project! I decided to adhere strips of baker's twine over the seams of the paper strips instead of stitching like the sketch suggests.

Variation #3 - I add a big bow tied with baker's twine right below the stamped message on the card.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Merry Christmas" card by Jill Sarginson
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants; Elements: Kristin Aagard's Merry Christmas digital kit; Cardstock: Bazzill; Ink: Vibrance; Floss: DMC; Pin: Unknown

Variations:

• I chose to use digital elements so instead of one big Christmas tree, I used a Christmas tree, a present and Santa.

• I added stitching along the second layer.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


Christmas Tag by Christy Arthur
Product - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Peppermint Ski Lodge), October Afternoon (Sidewalks Capture the flag); Decorative Tape: Martha Stewart; Mist: Studio Calico (Mr. Huey Dewey, Clay); Ink: Jenni Bowlin (Weather Vane); Other: Jenni Bowlin (Memo Notebook Red)

Variation #1: For the tree, I cut a triangle shape out of white cardstock. Then I covered it in different types of decorative washi tape. I added a piece of patterned paper for the base of the tree.

Variation #2: I placed the message, the "to and from", at the top of the card instead of the bottom.

Variation #3: I added mist to the white cardstock before adding the other details.

Variation #4: I freehand cut a simplified decorative border for the wood grain paper.

Variation #5: I simplified the tree by centering it a little more than the sketch, which allowed me to keep a full tree, not trimming the left corner. I also did not add the star.
••••••••••••••••

2 comments:

dawn said...

I love love these cards today, great way to use up little scraps. Love seeing the different takes on the same sketch.

Carolyn Wolff said...

I knew this was going to be a good week.

Allison - I love the bakers twine and how you used several strands to tie your bow. The decorative circle for the star is a nice variation too. Beautiful card.

Jill - Amazing. Love how you mixed 'real' with digital.

Christy - Love you card too. I like the musical note paper for the trunk of the tree an the misted background. Great job.