Monday, December 5, 2011

Card Week, Part 1

••••••••••••••••
Card Sketch #14


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Merry Christmas" by Melissa Elsner
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper; Patterned Paper, Rub-Ons: Lily Bee Design; Pen: Zig Memory System; Electronic Cutter: Silhouette SD; Star Brad: Unknown

Variation #1: For this sketch I decided to use my Silhouette to cut the triangle and shaped background. The triangle is at a slightly different measurement from the sketch but still works.

Variation #2: For my tree, I decided to keep the triangle base and then added strips of patterned paper. Each strip is about 1/4" in width or a little larger. I have to admit, I didn't really measure them but I liked the look of the different strips.

Variation #3: The rub-ons were perfect for the sentiment, which I placed in the same place as the sketch.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" by Christine Chain
Suppliespatterned paper: Basic Grey (Jovial); rub-on: Basic Grey (Jovial); ribbon: My Mind’s Eye (Lush); brad: My Mind’s Eye (Lush); ink: Tsukineko; word stickers: Authentique; glitter glue: Stickles; punch: EK Success

1 - Instead of stitching, I used lines of glitter glue.

2 - I used a square bling brad turned on its side instead of a star, to add a bit of dimension.

3 - To make my sentiment stand out a bit more, I used a rub-on to create a bit of a journaling block and then added word stickers.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"No Greater Gift.." by Amy Roller
Supplies - Patterned paper: Die Cuts With a View; Cardstock: Bazzill; Stamps: Close To My Heart; Thread: DMC; Ribbon: Michaels; Border punch: Martha Stewart

Variation# 1: I made my card larger to add another pattern to the background.

Variation# 2: I left off the curved edge on the first background because I added a border punch along the edge of the second patterned background.

Variation #3: I stitched a cream garland around the tree instead of the angled lines shown on the sketch.
•••••••••••••••••••

4 comments:

dawn said...

I love each of the takes today on this sketch. So many things you can do with this sketch. Great job ladies.

Carolyn Wolff said...

This is going to be such a great week. I love this sketch and I need some Christmas card ideas.

Melissa - love your take on the sketch. The polka dot background looks great against the white card base and I love the way your tree pops off! Great job.

Christine - great choice of papers. This collection is one of my favourites. Love the border punch you used and the glitter on the tree is an awesome idea.

Amy - love the plaid background and lacy border. The stitching on the tree is a great addition too. Lovely card.

Luv2talk said...

Perfect timing for this sketch! Once again, thanks for all the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

great cards ladies!