Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Card Week, Part 3

••••••••••••••••
Card Sketch #14


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Season's Greetings" by Noey Hunt
Products used - Patterned papers: Jillibean Soup; Stamps: Close to My Heart (tree, star); Tools: Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge

Variation #1: I used a smaller background accent shape to further emphasize the tree.


Variation #2: Instead of patterned paper, I stamped the tree onto a solid background and cut around it.

Variation #3: For a bold trimming on the tree, I cut thin strips of patterned paper

Variation #4: I moved the sentiment up on the card for two reasons. First I thought it wouldn't stand out enough on the busy tree. Second I wanted to play off the matching angles on the tree and stamp.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Merry Tex-mas Card" by Megan Bickers
Supplies Used - Cardstock: Bazzill (Red), Georgia Pacific (White); Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With a View (The Green Stack), Rusty Pickle (Father Knows Best); Inks: Ranger Distress Inkpads (Gathered Twig, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries), Tsukineko (Versamark, Memento: Tuxedo Black); Stamps: Inkadinkado (Snowflake Swirl), Texana Designs (Snow globe); Ribbon: Marcella by K&Company (Twill Stripe); Tools: WeR Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper), Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher), Ranger (Foam Blending Tool), Close To My Heart (Heat Embossing Gun); Embellishments: Close To My Heart Embossing Powder (Heavenly Blue), Ranger Stickles (Diamond, Candy Cane); Markers: Copic Sketch (YG03, YG63, YG67, BG10, Y21, E33, E37, W1, W3, W5, R29, R39); Other: Ranger (Glossy Accents), Foam Squares

Variation #1: Instead of using a Christmas tree as shown in the sketch, I stamped a snowflake swirl in the same general area on my card. I then heat embossed the swirl and added some diamond Stickles to some of the stamped image.


Variation #2: My message was the focal point of my card instead of being just an accent. My snow globe stamp had both an image and the sentiment.


I colored the image with copic markers, added some stickles glitter to the snow dots, and covered the glass globe area with glossy accents. I also added some red stickles to the holly berries.

Variation #3: Instead of using a decorative edge on my green pattern paper, I rounded the corners with the corner chomper punch.

Variation #4: Even though the sketch didn't include borders, I added a ribbon and polka dot strip of paper at the bottom to help "ground" my stamped image. I added staples to the ends of the ribbon to attach it to the card.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Holiday Greetings" by Carolyn Wolff
Supply List - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: American Crafts; Dies: Spellbinders and My Favourite Things; Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug; Rub-On: Little Yellow Bicycle; Baker's Twine: Doodlebug; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Foam Dots: American Crafts

Variation #1 – I changed the size of my card so the base measures 4x8 inches folded to measure 4x4 inches. 

Variation #2 – I used a similar shaped front for my card but decided not to have a straight edge on the left side. I also matted the shaped piece with complimentary cardstock.

Variation #3 – I cut the triangle but did not include a trunk. I embossed my paper to give it some texture.

Variation #4 – I wrapped bakers twine around the shaped cardstock which overlapped the tree where the sentiment was shown. I used a rub-on for the sentiment and moved it to the top right corner.
•••••••••••••••••••••

6 comments:

dawn said...

WOW these are so awesome. Love that snowflake stamp. Each of yours are so cool. I'm loving this week's sketch.

Erica Marshall said...

Beautiful cards once again ladies!! This is a fun sketch with some awesome inspiration!

Carolyn Wolff said...

They just keep getting better and better.

Noey - Great idea to stamp the image and cut it out. I love the smaller background too.

Megan - Wow, that is quite a list of supplies used. I love, love, love that snowflake swirl. So many details. Great job.

Dara Bliesmer said...

I was so excited to see a designer use the CTMH Art Philosophy cartrdige, and your cards and sketches are always so great to look at for ideas.

I'm a consultant and absolutely love this cartridge and it's awesome that it cuts the image for you so that you can then stamp the image. Check out my website if you want to know more on the cartridge darabliesmer.myctmh.com

Shari Thurman said...

Wonderful projects. I love all the different interpretations.

Rona said...

These are really really beautiful!