Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One-page Week, Part 3

•••••••••••••••••
One-page Sketch #18


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Snowman Love" by Jill Sarginson 
Supplies Used - Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Alpha: American Crafts; Tools: Fiskars Scallop Sentiment border punch, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page border punch; Embellishments: Pink Paislee; Other: Cardboard, Glimmer Mist, Pop Dots; Font: DJB How Cute Am I

Variations:

• I loved the idea of a large heart as a focal point in the backgound but I opted to make mine smaller than the sketch and slightly put it on an angle. The heart was cut out of a piece of cardboard.

• From left to right, the sketch has journaling, photo and photo. I kept the same sequence however I opted to print smaller photos and have two photos the same height vs. three photos.

•  I opted to use journaling strips for my journaling.

• I kept the horizontal pattern paper across the bottom however I mixed up pattern paper and cardstock (four different pieces) to make that element on the page.

• I put a small cluster up on the right hand side.

• I moved my title to the right of the heart vs. at the top as the sketch has.

• I sprayed mist on the background.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Look Mommy..." by Allison Davis
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: Echo Park; Stickers: Echo Park; Alphabet stickers: Echo Park; Heart punches: Martha Stewart and Recollections

Variation #1 - I removed the large heart. With the extra long title and the colorful hearts I decided to go without the big heart for fear that it would be too much.

Variation #2 - Instead of the three photos suggested on the sketch I used one 6 x 4" photo. I adjusted the journaling block and striped strip to fit.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Watch Me Grow" by Janette Kincaid

Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: BoBunny; Alphabet stickers: American Crafts and Basic Grey; Embroidery floss: DMC; Border Punch: Martha Stewart; Journal Pen: Zig

Variation #1 - I replaced the long journal strip with the trees cut from patterned paper and shifted the photos to the right.

Variation #2 – I made the square photo larger than the 3x3 called for in the sketch.

Variation #3 – I replaced the second square photo with journal strips.

Variation #4 – Since the background paper was a busier pattern, I opted not to include the full size heart in the background.

Variation #5 – I replaced the smaller hearts at the bottom of the page with the border punch strip.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Boys' Brunch" by Jennifer Larson
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill, Stampin' Up!; Patterned paper: Jillibean, October Afternoon, Pebbles, Crate Paper; Stickers: October Afternoon, Jillibean (red strip), Crate Paper (ticket), American Crafts (aqua circle); Chipboard: Crate Paper; Mist: Studio Calico; Template: Crafter's Workshop; Punch: Fiskars; Paint: Jenni Bowlin; Hemp: Stampin' Up!; Buttons: October Afternoon; Other: Sewing thread

Variation #1 – I kept the main orientation of the photos, journaling, title, and location of accents.

Variation #2 – Rather than using hearts as accents, I used home cooking themed products and paint and mist on the background. I did sneak a heart sticker in though!
•••••••••••••••••••

1 comment:

dawn said...

I love all the takes on the sketch. It looks good with the big heart and without it. Great job ladies on making it your own.

Jill, I love the colors on yours and the heart out of cardboard.

Allison, I remember that story and glad you got it scrapped!!