Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two-page Week, Part 4

••••••••••••••••
Two-page Sketch #27


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Legendary Longhorns" by Penny Grimsley
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: October Afternoon; Alphabets: October Afternoon, Silhouette Die Cutting Machine; Embellishments: October Afternoon; Punches: Fiskars, Stampin' Up; Twine: Stampin' Up; Fonts: Western Swagger

Variation #1 - I changed the photo blocks to all 4x6 and rearranged their placement.

Variation #2 - I added a cardstock mat underneath the papers to bring out the yellow.


Variation #3 - I stitched along the edges of the background paper for emphasis.


Variation #4 - I moved the title to the top.

Variation #5 - I changed the labeling areas to circle embellishments.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Grandma Mary Lou" by Allison Davis
Supplies - Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; Cardstock: Bazzill; Chipboard alphabet (grandma): American Crafts; Sticker alphabet (Mary Lou): October Afternoon; Embellishments: My Mind's Eye; Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart; Embroidery floss: DMC

Variation #1 - The biggest change I made to the sketch had to do with the papers. I tend to use small amounts of patterned paper (which is funny since I still insist on buying two of each sheet) so I decided to remove a few pieces. I kept two of the small 1/4" strips and the two large background pieces.

Variation #2 - I relied on the design in the bottom left corner of the patterned paper for my embellishments near the title.


I added a few extra pieces to accent the design on the paper and also some hand stitching to frame that whole piece.

Variation #3 - I changed the photos sizes a little to work with what I had. I didn't want to cover up the design on the left corner near the title so I decided not to add the 2-1/2 x 2-1/2" photo.

Since I removed the small photo on the left page, I used two 3 x 4" photos in place of the 5 x 3-1/2" photo on the right page.

I also used three wallet size photos (2-1/2 x 3-1/2") in place of the three 2-1/2 x 2-1/2" photos on the right page. I couldn't really crop those photos down without losing important pieces so I made it work with the full wallet size.

Variation #4 - Instead of the label stickers and flourish on the right page, I used three butterflies.

••••••••••••••••••

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

Loving the new CHA releases both of you used!! Penny that Sasparilla is perfect for your layout and Allison I love the pretty MME on your page!